Need to make a website IE v.8 compatible

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

So i made this website and it was all good and well until i got the email that they got a complaint about that the website didn't work good, so i asked what OS they where using and they said XP. They are using IE8 and the website is not working correctly.. What should i do? 

If you click on comp%20kopie.JPG and then the website works just fine..

How can i fix this? Because the sooner i can fix this the sooner i get paid and have money to buy an FX-8350! :D

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Just tell them that XP isn't supported anymore :P

Otherwise you'd have to download IE8 yourself and make the changes and tests needed specific for that browser.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just tell them that XP isn't supported anymore :P

I wish it was that easy! :P

The company i made it for works in houses and divorces and stuff and there are a lot of older not tech savvy to update to Chrome / Firefox / IE11

So it would be easier to just fix it

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I did a quick google search and found this page its some code that forces the compatibility mode on the user it needs to go on each page

http://www.thesitewizard.com/webdesign/prepare-your-site-for-ie8.shtml

Thanks, so i just put those meta tags in every page?

Thanks, so i just put those meta tags in every page?

Reading the page that does appear to be what it wants you to do add the code then send them the website and see if it works.

Reading the page that does appear to be what it wants you to do add the code then send them the website and see if it works.

Ok, thanks mate! 

This usually happens becuase your missing a <!DOCTYPE on your document and IE doesn't know how to handle it. 

Either add <!DOCTYPE html> for html5 or <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> for html4 at the start of every document and this should fix it