Google getting ready to enter wireless market in U.S.?

ijKs Snow

Source taken from a investor website rather then a tech website. Also, it's still not official so take the rumor with a grain of salt.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/04/13/is-google-gearing-up-for-a-fight-against-att-and-v.aspx

Basically, the rumor is Google is getting ready to take on Verizon and AT&T to deliver wireless infrastructure to the consumers. Not a surprise since Google already started building landline fiber optics infrastructure in certain select cities.

Google, as many of you know is a data-mining company who got bigger then many predicted when they first started. In return, they have been investing their cash flow into other projects rather then sit on a cash bank like Apple.

The odd thing is, wireless/wired infrastructure isn't as profitable as most people think. The only reason Verizon/AT&T is successful is because of the giant tax cuts/handouts they get from the government. If you look at VZ/AT&T stocks, they rarely fluctuate. VZ stocks from 15 years ago is about the same as today's prices.

I personally think Google is looking at a much bigger picture. Their 10 year partnership with Samsung, buying out NEST, selling off Motorola, setting up internet infrastructure, etc. It all points to Smart Homes and Robotics. It's much bigger then mobile markets. Samsung has been beta testing smart homes for years now, and they also predict consumer robots by 2020. In terms of manufacturing, Samsung might be king, but software side, Google is their answer.

Android won't just be an OS anymore. Android-powered-Androids.

Exactly what market is Google NOT trying to enter?

I think that's a more viable question.

#GoogleTakesOverWorld

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

That's actually some pretty cool stuff.

More competition is always welcome to me tbh

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

before you know it we will all live, eat, sleep, breathe, create, assemble, draw, ride, talk, drive, text, and dress --Google

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Yay...

I don't trust Google anymore ever since Google+ was implemented on youtube

Shouldnt trust any company :P All they care about is keep there share holders happy in the long run.

And i think this is a good move Google is make waves in many different parts of the market which is always a way forward.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Shouldnt trust any company :P All they care about is keep there share holders happy in the long run.

And i think this is a good move Google is make waves in many different parts of the market which is always a way forward.

True.

Google was very greedy when they gave out dividends for their stock. Look it up.

My thought is that Google will start up their wireless market and release new phone line for themselves, seeing as they are probably ending the nexus line shortly.

I still don't understand how they will do it...

It takes several years for the politics and paperwork to get a site approved, so its not like they can just go out, build a bunch of towers and throw cell equipment on them. If they co-locate or roam, all they will be doing is feeding the money right back to ATT/VZW.

About the only logical thing I can see them doing is following Sprint and T Mobiles path of catering to the large populations and saying fuck 95% of the land mass and either having no coverage or pay for a little bit of roaming if you leave town.

Ericsson has some sweet new micro cells that have the antenna embedded in a nice cute little box, is fiber fed, and then can hang on power lines. Throw a few thousand of these into a city and call it good I guess. I don't see Google having the time or resources to plan out an advanced hybrid network.

well anyone is welcome as long as competition lowers prices,,, and who know maybe google offer unbeatable prices,,,im seeing a future with everything unlimited for a set rate, google fiber and google cellphone service together discount and stuff like that,,,

PC Gaming forever...

I still don't understand how they will do it...

It takes several years for the politics and paperwork to get a site approved, so its not like they can just go out, build a bunch of towers and throw cell equipment on them. If they co-locate or roam, all they will be doing is feeding the money right back to ATT/VZW.

About the only logical thing I can see them doing is following Sprint and T Mobiles path of catering to the large populations and saying fuck 95% of the land mass and either having no coverage or pay for a little bit of roaming if you leave town.

Ericsson has some sweet new micro cells that have the antenna embedded in a nice cute little box, is fiber fed, and then can hang on power lines. Throw a few thousand of these into a city and call it good I guess. I don't see Google having the time or resources to plan out an advanced hybrid network.

Smart insight. The analyst at MF are predicting that Google will start with renting out previously existing towers to bring coverage to select cities (taking the same route as their Fiber Optics strategy). Which will result in Google competing for services rather then an entirely new structure (ex. price, add-on features, customer support, etc.)