'Bryan' confrims Swiftech H220X release date as May 1st

The_Strict_Nein

Wow...love swiftech even more!

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Can I say that this is stupid. The pump is in front of the radiator fins. There is a reason why Corsair, Enermax and any other AIO has never done it before. Because its stupid. You are restricting flow.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I like my H220 better aesthetically. Sure my first one made some obnoxious sounds, but the replacement came through and I haven't had a problem since. 

One thing I wish they had improved is the input and output ports on the waterblock. They should have put them on the same side of the block to reduce clutter, and make for better tube management. Thats the only drawback to the H220 too.  

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I love the look of this new cooler, currently debating between the H220 and H220X. However, I prefer the pump of the H220X, but not sure on how well it will perform. Can only wait, if this is got great cooling performance; I will happily purchase it. Of course, it all warrants on its price. If I find the H220 on offer here in the UK for much cheaper than I will buy it. But 'dat block looks so god damn good. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

no push-pull? don't want.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

I gotta say I hate the looks. I hope that extension that houses the pump doesn't obstruct views of my beautiful dominator platinums :P

Thank god it's an RGB led and you actually change the liquid since it's an expandable loop. 

Yea I mean its nice you can change the block color, but imo they should have gone with clear coolant and allowing you to change the color inside the res without having to do any kind of disassembly. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yea I mean its nice you can change the block color, but imo they should have gone with clear coolant and allowing you to change the color inside the res without having to do any kind of disassembly. 

Wait, the color of the res led can't be changed? how do you know that? :( If that's true that's definitely a big no for me.

Wait, the color of the res led can't be changed? how do you know that? :( If that's true that's definitely a big no for me.

Res led color is white, the coolant is blue therefore youre going to have a giant blue glowing resovoir unless you change the coolant. Big mistake on swiftechs part imo and i was sold on this until I found this out. I know this because in the ces video the coolant is green and illuminated by white leds, then I asked one of their reps about it and he said the finalized version will use their hydrx pm2 coolant which is blue.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Res led color is white, the coolant is blue therefore youre going to have a giant blue glowing resovoir unless you change the coolant. Big mistake on swiftechs part imo and i was sold on this until I found this out. I know this because in the ces video the coolant is green and illuminated by white leds, then I asked one of their reps about it and he said the finalized version will use their hydrx pm2 coolant which is blue.

That's bad because I don't like to use colored coolant, just distilled water...  -_-

What went wrong with it?  I see them offer quite a few fixes and they offer to replace brokens items as well.  Did you contact them?

I lost my receipt. :( I was thinking to get the apogee 2 maybe in the future or using it for parts when i do a custom loop with it some day. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

I lost my receipt. :( I was thinking to get the apogee 2 maybe in the future or using it for parts when i do a custom loop with it some day. 

Since when do you need a receipt to send something in that broke?  You're not returning it to the place you bought it, you're sending it to the manufacturer to fix.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Since when do you need a receipt to send something in that broke?  You're not returning it to the place you bought it, you're sending it to the manufacturer to fix.

When i RMA my OCZ Revo drive they asked me to send them a picture of the receipt, so ya. Anyways i am not RMA it, ill just use the parts for a custom loop some day. The pumps on the H220 break a dam lot and i don't wanna keep RMA it each time they break. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

• 3 weeks later...

So May 2, no H220x yet, I was hoping for some reviews by now. Maybe next week then...

Yup it's delayed, again.... 

Yes, due to a PCB revision we're going to release these around the last couple weeks of this month. I'm sorry for this, but we want to make sure that our customers get the very best product that we can produce.

Regards,
Bryan Ramirez

Yup it's delayed, again.... 

Well in that case they can take their sweet time, for a good final version.

Well in that case they can take their sweet time, for a good final version.

Yea I'm in no hurry either. Although Im curious as to what part of the cooler has a pcb?

Yea I'm in no hurry either. Although Im curious as to what part of the cooler has a pcb?

The motherboards PCB? The way the cpu clock holds onto the MB... but then I remembered that the cpu block was released already... mmm what could it be?

This better not turn into the second arrival of GTA V...

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

This better not turn into the second arrival of GTA V...

Hehe no, it's just delayed because of a revision, I am in no hurry, so they better take their time and do a good product. :)

Doesn't the pump restrict the flow of the air through the rad. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Doesn't the pump restrict the flow of the air through the rad.

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure they would've looked into that by now

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

The motherboards PCB? The way the cpu clock holds onto the MB... but then I remembered that the cpu block was released already... mmm what could it be?

It's be the PCB inside the block that controls the LEDs probably

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Returned 3 H220's through warranty within a year.. :(

So wanted them to work. The grinding noise from the pump.. Hope this works out for them.