Should Internet be counted as a Utility

asking people on a tech website if internet should be a utility... But yeah its getting to the point where access to the internet is so integral to our daily lives that it should atleast be readily available to everyone.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

That's not necessarily true. If you look at a lot of power companies, you'll actually get charged more once you surpass a certain level of consumption for the month, as well as the time of day you use the power.

Honestly that's exactly what people are trying to avoid with the internet, with throttling and high use surcharges.

Whether they are treated as a utility or not by the FTC / FCC does not change whether they can charge customers in the way you are speaking.  They can easily change their rates to that system tomorrow with their only barrier being "will the customer tolerate it"