Hyperthread any good?

My i3 works a charm, but I don't know what to think on getting a better cpu:

Core i5: Better but no Hyperthreading--- Cheap to get

Core i7: With Hyperthreading--- Too damn expensive...

i5 is easy to afford but it doesn't have any hyperthreading but I want hyperthreading.... What benefits will I get from this and what drawbacks will I get if not buying non hyperthread CPU.. Yes, the i3 also has Hyperthread stuff but I NEED MORE POWER.... BUrrrrrrrrrRRrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrr....

And....... should I also upgrade my memory?

My i3 works a charm, but I don't know what to think on getting a better cpu:

Core i5: Better but no Hyperthreading--- Cheap to get

Core i7: With Hyperthreading--- Too damn expensive...

i5 is easy to afford but it doesn't have any hyperthreading but I want hyperthreading.... What benefits will I get from this and what drawbacks will I get if not buying non hyperthread CPU.. Yes, the i3 also has Hyperthread stuff but I NEED MORE POWER.... BUrrrrrrrrrRRrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrr....

And....... should I also upgrade my memory?

Can we get full system specs?

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Depends on what you want to do with it. For just gaming, I5 is just fine. I dont render, but I never max out my cpu. IT gets close, but never flat line it at 100%. now if you are going to do heavy video rendering, or anything like that, get a I7

They are on his profile, it doesn't look to me like he needs a CPU upgrade :D

More like a 750ti/760/270x. 4770K + GT 630 would just be ridiculous. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

And what do you use your system for? ..if you run an i3 fine, then the chances of you needing a hyper threading i7 are next to none.

for gaming that game is well threaded and use hyperthreading correctly ( crysis 3 sorta ) around 30% improvement

i5 is easy to afford but it doesn't have any hyperthreading but I want hyperthreading....

How do you know you want something if you don't even know what it does? Do some research. People will be glad to help you but it always helps if you do some background research first. You will learn more yourself that way as well.

PS,  the gist of it is, if you only play games and stuff you don't need HT (no benefit right now, maybe in a few years).

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

if you're gonna just play games, then an i5 is good enough. if you render and multi task and all that stuff, then hyperthreading will come in use :)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

no benefit in gaming from hyperthreading

when i upgraded from my i5 2500K to a i7 3770K i actually lost a bit of performance because basically the cores are split in 2 for hyperthreading

since games use very few threads, it is better to have no hyperthreading and more performance per core

i did notice a huge improvement in rendering tho, as all 8 threads get used

overall, if youre just playing games there is no reason to get an i7

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

a proper i5 is plenty fast for gaming applications, hyperthreading is only beneficial for tasks where the cpu knows what's coming, the work is already predetermined, aka editing/rendering and other similar applications, that is however not the case with gaming, it never knows what's going to be thrown at it, hyperthreading yields no benefit in gaming so no point in spending money on it if thats what your planning to do.

a proper i5 is plenty fast for gaming applications, hyperthreading is only beneficial for tasks where the cpu knows what's coming, the work is already predetermined, aka editing/rendering and other similar applications, that is however not the case with gaming, it never knows what's going to be thrown at it, hyperthreading yields no benefit in gaming so no point in spending money on it if thats what your planning to do.

Bascially this. Games don't get much of a benifit from hyperthreading. Only a small percentage. That being said I have two gaming rigs. One with an i5 and a LAN rig with an i3. My LAN rig with the i3 can do everything my main rig can do at 1080P. No performace loss of any significance between the rigs. If anything spend your money on a better GPU and see the performance increase.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

intel i3 4130

asus h81-mk

4gb ddr3

gigabyte gt 630

500 gb seagate barracuda

Ok thanks for the answers and suggestion! Got the idea now! And next I will do some background research. :)

Hyperthreading is useful only if the application is written to take advantage of it. Multiple cores are useful even if the application is not multiple core aware if you are multitasking since modern OSes can use mulitple cores to multitask even with programs that are not multiple core aware. Damn thats a lot of multis in one sentence.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.