I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card. Can someone help me?

Go to solution Solved by Jelle Osinga,

I have found my new GPU that i wanted too buy, with help from FloRolf. The ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 is the graphics card i'm going for.

Hi everyone,

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB. I want too upgrade to a GTX 780 Ti or a GTX 690 because my graphics card don't support eyefinity good enough with 3-4 monitors. I get a tearing line on one of the 3-4 monitors (this happens all the time at the same place in my display. so i'm hoping you guys can help me find the best graphics card for me or helping me fix the tearing.

here is a link to my PC,

http://us.hardware.info/usersystems/20057/pc

thanks in advance

Eyefinity is amd only. And as far as I remember Eyefinity is alot better then 3d surround from Nvidia. But that was from a while ago.If you going 3 monitors then a 7990 or 690 would do good IMO

I'd go with 2 290's, it should be a similar price to the 780Ti.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Hi everyone,

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB. I want too upgrade to a GTX 780 Ti or a GTX 690 because my graphics card don't support eyefinity good enough with 3-4 monitors. I get a tearing line on one of the 3-4 monitors (this happens all the time at the same place in my display. so i'm hoping you guys can help me find the best graphics card for me or helping me fix the tearing.

here is a link to my PC,

http://us.hardware.info/usersystems/20057/pc

thanks in advance

How much for that 7950???

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

How much for that 7950???

(I live in The Netherlands so selling my GPU outside my county is not a smart thing to do.) I'm thinking of selling it too a friend of my.

€ 200,-

(go too my link) I don't have a motherboard that support crossfire. and i don't have 2 pci x16 slots

290s are about the same price as a 780ti thanks to the rise in amd graphics cards.

(go too my link) I don't have a motherboard that support crossfire. and i don't have 2 pci x16 slots

if youre gonna do a 290 or a 780ti, get a 780ti

Get a 780. 290 is way too expensive and low stock thanks to stupid miners and 780Ti price increase does not outweigh the performance increase coming from a 780.

"Rawr XD"

Would definitely not recommend the 690 as it is already a generation older and dual GPU cards run hotter. A 780 TI, if you can afford it, would be able to run 4 monitors and 5760x1080 comfortably in most games and a 780 wouldn't be far off. I'd recommend either a 780 TI or 780 with an aftermarket cooler like the Asus DCU2, but the reference cards are quite nice too. A 290, if you can find one around 780 price would be good too, as more games begin to support Mantle.

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Well the gtx titan black is rumored to be out soon so i would wait and see for that.

How much for the GTX Titan black?

Would definitely not recommend the 690 as it is already a generation older and dual GPU cards run hotter. A 780 TI, if you can afford it, would be able to run 4 monitors and 5760x1080 comfortably in most games and a 780 wouldn't be far off. I'd recommend either a 780 TI or 780 with an aftermarket cooler like the Asus DCU2, but the reference cards are quite nice too. A 290, if you can find one around 780 price would be good too, as more games begin to support Mantle.

Get a 780. 290 is way too expensive and low stock thanks to stupid miners and 780Ti price increase does not outweigh the performance increase coming from a 780.

290s are about the same price as a 780ti thanks to the rise in amd graphics cards.

if youre gonna do a 290 or a 780ti, get a 780ti

Okay, Thanks.  I'm going for a GTX 780 Ti. What GTX 780 Ti should I buy (I don't want one that haves 2.5-3 pci slots)? Here is a link what my future PC would be, maybe this will help (http://us.hardware.info/wishlist/622222/jelle-osinga/wishlist-for-pc-upgrade)?

The most powa on earth, the HD7990, top card for a year and still going.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

then why not grab a 780 ref? or msi gaming one?

btw then we're lucky in my area a powercolor r9 290x (ref) has the same pricetag as a gtx 760 asus dc on pcgilmore xD. i don't have enough cash but if I did I'd grab one and just look for a gpu block.

Live your life like a dream.

Okay, Thanks.  I'm going for a GTX 780 Ti. What GTX 780 Ti should I buy (I don't want one that haves 2.5-3 pci slots)? Here is a link what my future PC would be, maybe this will help (http://us.hardware.info/wishlist/622222/jelle-osinga/wishlist-for-pc-upgrade)?

then why not grab a 780 ref? or msi gaming one?

btw then we're lucky in my area a powercolor r9 290x (ref) has the same pricetag as a gtx 760 asus dc on pcgilmore xD. i don't have enough cash but if I did I'd grab one and just look for a gpu block.

True. Get a 780 with an aftermarket cooler rather then 780Ti. It will be cheaper and you won't really tell the difference in performance. 

Where I am actually, a MARS 760 is only slightly more expensive then a 780, cheaper then a 780 Ti, and in lots of newer games, outperforms both. And besides, it's Mars.

"Rawr XD"

True. Get a 780 with an aftermarket cooler rather then 780Ti. It will be cheaper and you won't really tell the difference in performance. 

Where I am actually, a MARS 760 is only slightly more expensive then a 780, cheaper then a 780 Ti, and in lots of newer games, outperforms both. And besides, it's Mars.

Yeah, I think thats the case because of Call Bottlenecks. I can elaborate(be specific)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Nvidia surround is nice. Works well. However some games aren't optimized for it as well as others. For instance, WoW sucks spreading across 3 monitors, whereas Guild Wars 2 and games like FarCry3 are really nice spanning across 3 monitors. 780ti would be my choice over the 690. I would go single card over SLI (even though 690 is 2gpus on one PCB), and if you do choose to upgrade and get 2 cards, sli x2 works way better than sli x4. Less micro-stuttering.

I have found my new GPU that i wanted too buy, with help from FloRolf. The ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 is the graphics card i'm going for.