POLL + QUESTION old 8 bit music and the new ones

Sharif

OK first i shall make it clear that i am not a 90s kid or anything so i don't know much about old games but i was wondering what happened to all the new games and there music i was listening to this today,the whole playlist 

and was thinking games like final fantasy always had great music also some others too but i'm not saying that all the new game's music is horrible,i am just saying that most of them don't have that catchy feeling to it anymore like these old once there amazing and have a lot of emotion in the music,even though i didn't play them,it kinda makes me feel like....the good times i had playing that...........

what are your opinions about this:)  :mellow: 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Savant makes amazing 8-bit style music. Personally old 8-bit music can either be obnoxious or good, and most of the time, it was terrible, however there were some outstanding ones out there.

well obviously.. todays music is intricate with orchestras instruments and whatnot, older music as implied by the bits is basicly just a catchy beat that is more alot more recognisable due to being so simple.

I personally think that both have their right to be on top. I mean how can I compare something from Chrono Trigger and Halo at the same time! Both are equally as awesome and have their place.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Savant makes amazing 8-bit style music. Personally old 8-bit music can either be obnoxious or good, and most of the time, it was terrible, however there were some outstanding ones out there.

especially the old games like FF1+,zelda,megaman and etc

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Not sure how mario is emotional, but there are a bunch of emotional new soundtracks:

Listen to this track from the witcher 2: it's quite nice :P

http://youtu.be/npsAcevrIzk?t=3m40s

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

also back on to soundtracks, I just love the new stuff, when you have a triple A game like Last Of Us, Uncharted, Deus Ex Human Revolutionetc. those soundtracks are just amazing.

Bastion also has amazing music

Not sure how mario is emotional, but there are a bunch of emotional new soundtracks:

i was listening to the whole playlist  :D it was when i reached FF when i felt like that  :)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

also back on to soundtracks, I just love the new stuff, when you have a triple A game like Last Of Us, Uncharted, Deus Ex Human Revolutionetc. those soundtracks are just amazing.

Bastion also has amazing music

i played bastion thats is nice too

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

oooo also thats nice but i wasn't talking about crying because that makes me feel lke somebody is dying in the game or something  ^_^

never the less a great soundtrack 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

I found 8bits because of new ones. So I like both when they hit me good. Same with any music.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You say you aren't a 90s kid like its a bad thing...

Anyway I like adhesivewombat's stuff so that is as 8-bit as I go really. But I do enjoy it overall. I think the newer stuff is not that different from the old stuff because it is supposed to sound like the old stuff.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

This belongs in the Off Topic section. I'm moving the thread.

Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.