What am I doing wrong? Vostro 7570 performs like ugh.

Hey

I have the Dell Vostro 7570 , it has a fancy lil 1060 , I7 7700HQ , and 8GB of RAM

But, it performs very poorly in most games I try, even on the lowest settings, it drags me accross the 40 mark - CSGO? don't even get me started, ridiculous.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? how can I make it better if I can at all?

The Vostro line's marketed as a business and productivity machine.  Also..it's a laptop.  Likely you're hitting a thermal throttling limit.  If it's older, you could try making sure the vents are clean, or potentially taking it apart and replacing the thermal paste.  Maybe put an active cooling platform underneath it to give it a bit more air.  Can't do much more in terms of hardware.  The rest would be any software optimization you can...clearing bloat running in the background, disable Windows visual effects, etc.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

The Vostro line's marketed as a business and productivity machine.  Also..it's a laptop.  Likely you're hitting a thermal throttling limit.  If it's older, you could try making sure the vents are clean, or potentially taking it apart and replacing the thermal paste.  Maybe put an active cooling platform underneath it to give it a bit more air.  Can't do much more in terms of hardware.  The rest would be any software optimization you can...clearing bloat running in the background, disable Windows visual effects, etc.

Its almost brand new, kept clean, that's for sure.
I didn't think that the word "business" rather than "gaming" would mean much, at the end of the day its just marketing and the specs are similar to other 'gaming' machines, right?

It does run hot, but it still runs at full force everywhere, so is that still a factor? does keeping it cooler will actually help it?

With the new RevoUninstaller I completely removed all of the bloat that there could've ever been, tried adjusting power settings everywhere - and yet, new games like HITMAN 2 is running on lowest on 30-50 , is that really too much to expect from this machine?

like, my old desktop with an RX 480 , I5 4690 could do better :|

I'm just confused about what am I supposed to excpect from this machine, if its supposed to do better or if this is as good as it gets in the market?

It's actually a Inspiron 7577 rebrand

Post a screenshot of CPU+GPU temp, usage and clock speed while in game

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128