Arma 3 66% Off!

RAM555789

Arma 3 Apex addition is only $23.79 right now with the Steam Summer Sale. If your looking for a good group to play with check out this thread that will tell you all about the milsim unit I play in. (if you want a link to the website just PM me, moderators told me I can only advertise the website in status updates or message people)

11 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Steam Summer Sale

wut?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 11/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, RAM555789 said:

-Snip-

I just loaded up Arma 3 Apex Edition and I'm getting microstutters. Know anything about that? Seems it's an issue with multiple gamers.

11 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

I just loaded up Arma 3 Apex Edition and I'm getting microstutters. Know anything about that? Seems it's an issue with multiple gamers.

What's your PC specs, game settings and does the micro stuttering occur constantly or only sometimes? I have no issues running the game vanilla or modded, and currently I have an i5-8400 with 16GB on RAM and a 1050 TI currently not overclocked. Currently I have all my general settings to high, display is full screen, 1080p, no v-sync <----super important, AA & PP can be whatever really as long as your frames are fine. My fps runs pretty stable unless I'm doing something crazy in the editor like dropping 20+ squads, multiple tank platoons and throw in jets.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, I run the game on a HDD not an SSD. A lot of people say load the game onto an SSD to fix stuttering but that would make sense since I can run the game just fine on a HDD.

55 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

What's your PC specs, game settings and does the micro stuttering occur constantly or only sometimes?

i5 6th gen

GTX 1070

2x8GB DDR4 RAM

Custom setting, mostly standard or OFF on everything. No bottleneck or unusual GPU or CPU usage at all. I move the slider for draw distances and it makes a difference on fps but the stuttering is still there. It's not constant stuttering, it mostly takes place from when I first start up any mission but once I get to hiking throughout the map, the stuttering is very minimal and almost disappears. But for some reason, it just presents itself in certain areas of the game. These types of stutters just don't exist in other games. The weirdest thing about the stuttering is when you first load up the game, it's stuttering in the menus. The longer you sit in the menus, the more the stuttering disappears. It's like the HDD has to load up everything and then once it's loaded there's minimal, if any, stuttering. I get 50-85 fps in 1440p, depending on the area I'm at in the map. And this fps is very stable aside from when the stuttering takes place. It's not a dipping fps that 50-85 fps sounds like. What I mean by that is that its usually around a certain fps stable and as you walk throughout the world, it goes to a different fps and stays there. And all that seems completely normal. It's the micro-stuttering that's an issue. It's different than fps dips. The micro-stuttering basically goes from whatever fps I'm at and drops a good 30 fps for a split second then returns to stable fps. Do you experience this? Do you even pay attention to your fps the whole time you play to notice?

I usually experience a lot of stuttering whenever I start up the game and join a mission/lobby. It's very normal for Arma as it has to load and process a lot of map area and all the assets going on but then it stabilizes. Typically when I'm doing an OP with my friends we try and have everyone load into the server at once and then we wait usually about 1 minute before we start moving around or anything to let the server synchronize and then we are all good. The only time I will get stuttering beyond that is entering and exiting the virtual arsenal, but that's caused again by the amount of assets in the arsenal it has to load. Beyond loading into missions and the virtual arsenal I don't experience micro stutters.

You may also experience some stutters when you die and respawn across the map, as the game has to now load completly redraw what scene is around you. (its a huge map) Once it redraws the scene though (which only takes a couple of seconds) the stutters should die down completly.

If it’s single player, you shouldn’t have an issue unless the whole game is slow. 

In multiplayer, it is likely the issue with the server. 

33 minutes ago, fpo said:

If it’s single player, you shouldn’t have an issue unless the whole game is slow. 

In multiplayer, it is likely the issue with the server. 

That kind of lag would be a client side not server side issue. A server side issue would cause "rubber banding" aka desyncing. Theres also some other funny quirks with the physics and vehicle collision in the game were a dysnc can cause 2 players to disagree on their position so the server picks one and now thinks vehicle A drove inside vehicle B and sends vehicle B flying to the moon, often in a flaming wreck.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:58 PM, RAM555789 said:

I usually experience a lot of stuttering whenever I start up the game and join a mission/lobby. It's very normal for Arma as it has to load and process a lot of map area and all the assets going on but then it stabilizes.

This is exactly what is happening. Now I know it's not my HDD or anything else causing the stuttering issue because once I get to actually playing the game the stuttering eventually disappears. I'm really liking the single player campaign but I have no idea how to use the map. I can't seem to find out where in the world I am. It doesn't show me on the map.

46 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

This is exactly what is happening. Now I know it's not my HDD or anything else causing the stuttering issue because once I get to actually playing the game the stuttering eventually disappears. I'm really liking the single player campaign but I have no idea how to use the map. I can't seem to find out where in the world I am. It doesn't show me on the map.

Thats right, it won't show you where you are, you need to figure it out like you would in real life. In game you will often have a GPS that will tell you your grid coordinates on the map, but if you don't you need to use a land navagation technic used in real life called relocation. Relocation is taking two points you can see with your eyes, like a church and some other building, finding them on the map, estimating the distance from you to the two locations and you can then come up with a rough 6 digit grid of where you are. You can also examine the terrian around you looking for forests, roads, hills, ridges, valleys, saddles, spurs, depressions, anything that will give you location on where you are. If your looking to join up with a unit just PM me and I'll message your our website. I'm in the 173rd Airborne Infantry (milsim not real life) were we do light infantry combat against AI. We have a nice selection of mods that really add to the whole experience, like custom uniforms, real life weapons and vehicles, combat jumps, and more.