What is dying? CPU, Mobo, Ram?

dyzenn

PC specs:

1. Ryzen 1700.
  2. Asus X370 Prime Pro.
  3. CM Vanguard 750+ Gold.
  4. 2x8 Kingston HyperX Predator 3200Mhz.
  5. WD10EZEX Blue.
  6. SSD Kingston A1000 Nvme.
  7. Asus GTX 1060 6GB OC Version.

Hello Everyone,

I've been struggling with my PC over 10 months, fixing a very frustrating issue.

Issue: Visuals stutter like I use 30hz Monitor, Mouse cursor slow downs over time while gaming or what so ever, games on 200+ fps feels like i have 30 fps(slow motion).

When I unplug my usb of mouse or keyboard, from that moment mouse feels smoother much more, but like for 30-50 seconds and here it is, but the input lag is there. Changing outlets, does the same, restarting the PC, reseting BIOS to default, updating Bios, Fresh installs of windows 10, everything has impact to my issue, it goes to better but not for long. I cannot aim properly in games, because the cursor is innacurate not only in games also in windows, like is sliding on ice, and jittery.
I r0ached my system, unplugged whole front panel and I've been using only back panel, it made a huge change but not for long either.
I tested My ram with memtest86 3 times and there is no error at all.
With or without overclock the issue is still there.

New Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor.
Etc etc etc.

Conclusion, I am certainly sure it is not software misconfiguration, because I tried more that thousand combinations of drivers, Clean installs, Linux, etc etc.

How to determine if my MOBO is the culprit or CPU or RAM? Even if ram says no error with memtest?
Retailer declined about helping about my issue even If I have warranty for all parts +4 years.
Swapping parts is kinda out of the options, I have no one so I can swap and test, So i need To find it trough some testings with software if there is any and I would be able to throw that part and buy New one.

Please help because I am getting delusional with this issue. There is no day, I am searching for new fixes and help but there isn't any for now :[.

Kind regards,
Deni.

4 minutes ago, dyzenn said:

Linux

You installed Linux and the same issue happens?

Ok, then it's not drivers or the OS.

Your keyboard and mouse are wired, yes?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Check your temps and clock speeds with CPU-Z and HWmonitor.

Just now, Jamisbrill said:

have you checked your temps? 

Oh yeah, Temps are lower than expected, the temps are not the issue, also DPC Latency test is low...
I cannot rule out what is causing this Friend :/

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

You installed Linux and the same issue happens?

Ok, then it's not drivers or the OS.

Your keyboard and mouse are wired, yes?

Yes my Mouse and Keyboard are Wired.

1 minute ago, timl132 said:

Check your temps and clock speeds with CPU-Z and HWmonitor.

HwMonitor and CPU-z shows results as they should be, I do not see any issue there. No downclocking and no high temps during gaming or browsing..

7 minutes ago, dyzenn said:

Oh yeah, Temps are lower than expected, the temps are not the issue, also DPC Latency test is low...
I cannot rule out what is causing this Friend :/

It sounds like a defect device, that keeps polling the system. Do you have other Keyboards, Mice, and GPU to test? And try in a minimum configuration(no ehternet and all, just keyboard and mouse and monitor.)

3 minutes ago, timl132 said:

It sounds like a defect device, that keeps polling the system. Do you have other Keyboards, Mice, and GPU to test? And try in a minimum configuration(no ehternet and all, just keyboard and mouse.)

I changed to high end mouses and keyboard all wired, spend a lot of money to see if that is gonna change but none did, for the GPU I do not have spare one this is my first PC, after pentium 3 and my laptop.

I did try minimum config only mouse, with no mic speakers keyboard etc etc, just mouse and monitor, same result.

Yeah bringing the GPU to the table could be an option but why I do not have those fps drops. My fps is higher than even some intels of i7 7th generations on the latest games. If that make some sense IDK to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Jamisbrill said:

have you tried another monitor?

I did even if Monitor should not be the culprit to this issue, My guess is because restarting the PC or just changing some bios setting, or reseting it, or replugging mouse keyboard should not have that effect on monitor... :/

7 minutes ago, timl132 said:

It sounds like a defect device, that keeps polling the system. Do you have other Keyboards, Mice, and GPU to test? And try in a minimum configuration(no ehternet and all, just keyboard and mouse and monitor.)

I'd tend to agree on this as well, I'd hit the local goodwill, pick up as used keyboard and mouse for a few bucks, and try that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If I were you I try other mouse+keyboard and then check for thermal paste on motherboard chipset also if you have laser termometer then I would check temperature on I/O chipset, its probably dying if previously mentioned solutions didnt helped at all.

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

Also when I do some stress testing on CPU, or ram or GPU I feel huge smoothnes while moving the windowses or cursor but not for long.

1 minute ago, dyzenn said:

Also when I do some stress testing on CPU, or ram or GPU I feel huge smoothnes while moving the windowses or cursor but not for long.

sounds like overheating issue.

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

I changed to high end mouses and keyboard all wired, spend a lot of money to see if that is gonna change but none did, for the GPU I do not have spare one this is my first PC, after pentium 3 and my laptop.

I did try minimum config only mouse, with no mic speakers keyboard etc etc, just mouse and monitor, same result.

Yeah bringing the GPU to the table could be an option but why I do not have those fps drops. My fps is higher than even some intels of i7 7th generations on the latest games. If that make some sense IDK to be honest.

I did even if Monitor should not be the culprit to this issue, My guess is because restarting the PC or just changing some bios setting, or reseting it, or replugging mouse keyboard should not have that effect on monitor... :/

A year ago, I had a problem where I bought a new laptop, and it was horribly slow, I ALWAYS used it with my ebay wireless mouse, then 3 weeks later, I bought a new mouse, unplugged the old one, and guess what? My laptop was 10x faster, turns out my mouse kept polling the USB port, slowing it down. Never bought ebay USB hardware again.

Maybe that's the cause of your problem too, defective USB device. It doesn't even have to be external, it might very well be your front-panel USB connector having a short circuit.

Maybe try unplugging unneeded internal MB connectors?

Just now, speed258 said:

sounds like overheating issue.

I mean why would a stress testing smooth my issue? My cpu temp never goes 55+, GPU temp is 60 celsius.

1 minute ago, timl132 said:

A year ago, I had a problem where I bought a new laptop, and it was horribly slow, I ALWAYS used it with my ebay wireless mouse, then 3 weeks later, I bought a new mouse, unplugged the old one, and guess what? My laptop was 10x faster, turns out my mouse kept polling the USB port, slowing it down. Never bought ebay USB hardware again.

Maybe that's the cause of your problem too, defective USB device. It doesn't even have to be external, it might very well be your front-panel USB connector having a short circuit.

Maybe try unplugging unneeded internal MB connectors?

Indeed I unplugged whole front panel, no usb 2.0 and 3.0 No 3.5 Jack.

I changed 3 mouses from that day the issue came. Changed the Pooling rate on all of them but, believe me it is not the hardware I use(External). I tried all Wired(logitech,Razer,Steelseries, Zowie) and still have them for nothing...

I do not say that your thoughts-ideas could not be issue, but for me they aren't.

Sorry for my bad English.

I mean why would a stress testing smooth my issue? My cpu temp never goes 55+, GPU temp is 60 celsius.

how about psu? I have theory that while you doing test psu can efficently provide power to cpu and whole systems feels smoother, but while you gaming psu lacks power to efficently deliver power to all components and +12V voltage is sitting below 11 volts, due to faulty psu or overheating psu. BUT THIS IS JUST THEORY.

1 minute ago, speed258 said:

how about psu? I have theory that while you doing test psu can efficently provide power to cpu and whole systems feels smoother, but while you gaming psu lacks power to efficently deliver power to all components and +12V voltage is sitting below 11 volts, due to faulty psu or overheating psu. BUT THIS IS JUST THEORY.

Yeah, I was monitoring the 12v 5v and 3.3 rails and all of them are constant mostly. 

Just now, dyzenn said:

Yeah, I was monitoring the 12v 5v and 3.3 rails and all of them are constant mostly. 

Then really the only thing I can think of is a defective Motherboard, it might have improper filtering or a blown capacitor, resulting in instability. I'd try to get it replaced if you still have warranty.

Just now, timl132 said:

Then really the only thing I can think of is a defective Motherboard, it might have improper filtering or a blown capacitor, resulting in instability. I'd try to get it replaced if you still have warranty.

I checked the Capacitors, none seemed like burned or blown, or popped... Indeed my next move was buying new motherboard but I am afraid losing money on it because my country is ripper of pockets about hardware.

When I contacted my retailer they couldn't see the issue as I see... They stress tested and said everything is good now f*ck off. They never played games, nor had good precision with hand but about visuals I know that they are acting stupid and not accepting the truth...(short info, corrupted by any means of goverment and everything else so justice is not an option here) bad luck eh? :/

2 minutes ago, timl132 said:

If rams would be faulty it would throw bsod or spam crc error, cpu bsod or it wouldnt run on full clock speed, moterboard could be damaged but still run, like my old motherboard all thermal sensors died but it worked for 5+ years

I checked the Capacitors, none seemed like burned or blown, or popped... Indeed my next move was buying new motherboard but I am afraid losing money on it because my country is ripper of pockets about hardware.

When I contacted my retailer they couldn't see the issue as I see... They stress tested and said everything is good now f*ck off. They never played games, nor had good precision with hand but about visuals I know that they are acting stupid and not accepting the truth...(short info, corrupted by any means of goverment and everything else so justice is not an option here) bad luck eh? :/

That's unfortunate. You can try buying a new motherboard, and returning it if it doesn't fix the issue. Here in the Netherlands it's the law that yo ucan return any product within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason.(Even if you just don't want it anymore)

Just now, timl132 said:

That's unfortunate. You can try buying a new motherboard, and returning it if it doesn't fix the issue. Here in the Netherlands it's the law that yo ucan return any product within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason.(Even if you just don't want it anymore)

Thats why your country is leading so much more than mine. And I am happy about it. Here on papers same 15 days you can return it if you don't like it, and try to go to the retailer and return it, they will kick your *ss. Calling inspection you will get no one on the phone, Been there done that.

Thats why your country is leading so much more than mine. And I am happy about it. Here on papers same 15 days you can return it if you don't like it, and try to go to the retailer and return it, they will kick your *ss. Calling inspection you will get no one on the phone, Been there done that.

Damm let me gues you are from asia, south or central americas or africa?

Sorry to hear that, I'm afraid your going to have to buy a new motherboard then, and hope that's the cause of the issue. Maybe try a second hand motherboard from ebay?