What happens after upgrading the CPU and MOTHERBOARD?

Currently I have an A8-7600 cpu with the A78M-E35 V2 motherboard.

I am upgrading my cpu to the Ryzen 1300x using the ASROCK amd AB350m-HDV motherboard.

I know how to do all the physical swapping of components, but I am unsure about the software changes that will occur.

I want to use the same hard drive which has windows 10 Home (version 1803) on it.

Is this upgrade as simple has plugging it in and turning it on, or do I need to remove old drivers from the last motherboard and then update the new motherboard drivers via the bios?

Can someone basically clear up the stages after turning on the power button and what should occur on the screen. Will it automatically go to the windows 10 sign in screen; or will the bios load up?

Please can someone help!

Thanks

Plug & play should work without any problems. From there I would update the chipset drivers.

You haven't mentioned RAM. You will need to upgrade that too.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Windows may ask you to re activate and it may not work. Finally had this issue with my recent rig. Had to reinstall, which is a first for me. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

27 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Windows may ask you to re activate and it may not work. Finally had this issue with my recent rig. Had to reinstall, which is a first for me. 

When you say re-install what do you mean. Did you have to buy windows 10 from somewhere or did you use a usb with it on, because i am unsure how to use a usb to install windows 10

1 minute ago, MATTJW said:

When you say re-install what do you mean. Did you have to buy windows 10 from somewhere or did you use a usb with it on, because i am unsure how to use a usb to install windows 10

As in I performed a new install, as if the drive was new. LTT has a video on how to install from a usb drive as do many others on youtube. I didn't need to buy another key from windows but I ended up doing that too a day later. Only 30 bucks so it was worth it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, MATTJW said:

Yeah I have got new ddr4 8gb ram. Do i need to uninstall old motherboard drivers first or will windows 10 understand what has happened and will automatically delete/ignore them.

Also when i bought the pc it came with windows 10 it was not a free upgrade from windows 7 because i have heard it makes a difference!

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

As in I performed a new install, as if the drive was new. LTT has a video on how to install from a usb drive as do many others on youtube. I didn't need to buy another key from windows but I ended up doing that too a day later. Only 30 bucks so it was worth it.

Oh right ok, so the drive had windows 10 on it, you just had to set it up again, as in "select your country/language" and sign in a stuff?
Obviously personal files are gone!

Just now, MATTJW said:

Oh right ok, so the drive had windows 10 on it, you just had to set it up again, as in "select your country/language" and sign in a stuff?
Obviously personal files are gone!

Yes... a completely new install. As in I had to install windows again or buy another key. Not just a clean install option.