Accessing my printer from another PC?

Zeinone

Hi LTT!

I'm in a new office and we want to make the offline printers accessible to everyone on the same network. Now, is it possible to do that?

We tried to do it with a print server type of router but the router is way too old, unstable, and we gave up on that. I was thinking if we hooked up a PC and connected 2-3 printers on it while having the PC online on the same network everyone is using (small office), there would be a way of accessing them but not sure how.

Before you ask:

• the printers do not have an ethernet port, otherwise I'd just plug them into the router
  • the usb port on the router isn't broadcasting the printer, so that's also off the charts (or is there a way around it?)

Can be done, what you need to do is share the printer, can be done on the PC where the printer is connected to.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, Zeinone said:

Hi LTT!

I'm in a new office and we want to make the offline printers accessible to everyone on the same network. Now, is it possible to do that?

We tried to do it with a print server type of router but the router is way too old, unstable, and we gave up on that. I was thinking if we hooked up a PC and connected 2-3 printers on it while having the PC online on the same network everyone is using (small office), there would be a way of accessing them but not sure how.

Before you ask:

• the printers do not have an ethernet port, otherwise I'd just plug them into the router
  • the usb port on the router isn't broadcasting the printer, so that's also off the charts (or is there a way around it?)

You have a few options. 

1) Connect the printer to a computer and use that computer as a print server. The issue here is that machine needs to be powered all the time so people can print. 

2) They used to make standalone print servers that you could connect to your router. Not sure if they still do, but its worth a shot. 

3) Buy a printer with an Ethernet port or WiFi built in. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.