help please

Avii111

So one day my psu fan started sounding funny so i took it out and ordered a new one. Now that i placed the new one in it wont woosh 

Just now, Avii111 said:

So one day my psu fan started sounding funny so i took it out and ordered a new one. Now that i placed the new one in it wont woosh 

What does woosh mean?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, r2724r16 said:

What does woosh mean?

it doesnt spin 

3 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

What does woosh mean?

It won't start spinning I assume.

3 minutes ago, Avii111 said:

Which PSU? Make, model and wattage, not just wattage please. Also, which fan?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It won't start spinning I assume.

Which PSU? Make, model and wattage, not just wattage please. Also, which fan?

the model is a sinan vp-430 450w

7 minutes ago, Avii111 said:

Sounds like a better PSU is a more worthwhile investment than a new fan for it. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

30 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Sounds like a better PSU is a more worthwhile investment than a new fan for it. 

not everyone has money for a new PSU, a fan is like $7 and a PSU is $70 or more, that kind of comments never really help, anyway

35 minutes ago, Avii111 said:

I'm assuming the old fan had a simple, 2 pin connector or its wires were directly soldered to the board right?

what fan did you used to replace it? you might have to check the solder OR the connector if it has one, if the connector is different (lets say 3 pin instead of 2) it won't work

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

7 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

not everyone has money for a new PSU, a fan is like $7 and a PSU is $70 or more, that kind of comments never really help, anyway

I'm assuming the old fan had a simple, 2 pin connector or its wires were directly soldered to the board right?

what fan did you used to replace it? you might have to check the solder OR the connector if it has one, if the connector is different (lets say 3 pin instead of 2) it won't work

They don't really help, however they absolutely are not 70$ unless it's a pretty expensive build. Hell, the CX450M is currently 19.99$ and miles better than that.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

15 hours ago, aezakmi said:

So people can buy a new PC, often with a somewhat beefy GPU but don't care for reliable power delivery that will protect the components connected to it in the event of a power surge or due to poor quality in general? Okay. Wrong priorities.  If you're so poor you can't afford a good PSU, don't build a new PC but get a prebuilt that already has a somewhat decent PSU. OEMs like HP and Dell at least put good quality PSUs in their system, even if they're low wattage.

19 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

They don't really help, however they absolutely are not 70$ unless it's a pretty expensive build. Hell, the CX450M is currently 19.99$ and miles better than that.

If OP is from US. Rest of the world rarely gets good PSUs cheap. It's maybe $50 for quality PSU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If OP is from US. Rest of the world rarely gets good PSUs cheap. It's maybe $50 for quality PSU.

True. I do live outside the US, it's just that in the US you can get some pretty good PSU deals so I was pointing that out.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux