Lip Sync Issues - HDMI ARC

JackDoyne

Lip Sync Issues - HDMI ARC

Treated myself to a 4k TV and soundbar all is good the picture is great and soundbar fills the room

However when it comes to the actual audio i'm having issues - Specifically with Audio sync - it might be my eyes but aduio is always slighlty behind what's happening and it's super annoying - the only way to get audio from my TV to my soundbar is via HDMI Arc which is super annoying as i have to use a blocky cable as pose to a nice thin optical cable (there is not optical port on my TV) i've fiddled with the sync settings for hours with no luck - this happens regardless of what i'm doing - Watching Live TV - Watching Netflix - Using it as an audio output for my computer when playing games ect

I've also tried various HDMI cables - even one specifically for ARC

TV - LG 49UK6300

Soundbar - Sony CT390

Any ideas?

what is ARC? The typical way i know is:

1. audio into sound device
  2. then into TV
  3. adjust delay on audio playback on sound device until it matches the TV.

Is chaing the order an option? Have you checked TV settings?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

3 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

what is ARC? The typical way i know is:

1. audio into sound device
  2. then into TV
  3. adjust delay on audio playback on sound device until it matches the TV.

Is chaing the order an option? Have you checked TV settings?

It's basically carrying audio over HDMI - TV to soundabar and plays audio regarless of input selected - Plug as play easy as you like

I've treid for hours changing the settings on the soundbar and the tv to try and match - no result

Changing the order?