things non-techies say

JAW96

well the title says it, for me it is when a non-techie is trying to show off but doesn't understand the terminology or know what parts do, then goes "well my PC has a window index of (insert # here)".  

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

"I have 64 gigs of Ram"

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

Me: What specs do you have?" Other: "I have a white/grey one"

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

"Why are there two memory's?"

eh, the stupid questions that brings back like "Why do I need to click shutdown if I can just push the button on the monitor".

There was a store in a local mall selling a custom gaming computer and they said it had 1536 graphics cards... I think they meant CUDA cores...

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

eh, the stupid questions that brings back like "Why do I need to click shutdown if I can just push the button on the monitor".

Some of my teachers still think the tower is the hard drive and the monitor is the PC..

hello

I heard this today "Apple never freezes because there are a lot more powerfull components inside".

"facepalm"

"wow you can make that window go to the other monitor :O"

wow... pretty empty here...

"Why do you need to buy an expensive video card when you have iGPU?" and after that "why do my games lag so much?" :D

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Some of my teachers still think the tower is the hard drive and the monitor is the PC..

my mom thought installing BF3 fried here RAM

There was a store in a local mall selling a custom gaming computer and they said it had 1536 graphics cards... I think they meant CUDA cores...

The sales guy in PC world was showing the guy an i3 notebook and said.. "Yeah, you can play CoD and everything on this"

hello

I've also heard people say Apple's are made with different components than a PC

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

The sales guy in PC world was showing the guy an i3 notebook and said.. "Yeah, you can play CoD and everything on this"

Technically he is right lol, HD4000 is pretty powerful for what it is and COD is a joke lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

PC World is the best for PC things.

A gaming PC costs a million quid.

They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

"MacBooks are always the most powerful computers you could buy, why would you build a PC?"

Somebody shot that by me what I was talking about building my PC some months ago.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would have responded "But does it run Crysis?" and received an awkward look forged from ignorance.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I've also heard people say Apple's are made with different components than a PC

because apple is apparently magic and can handle the resources for R&D to make up there own CPUs, GPUs, and MoBos

because apple is apparently magic and can handle the resources for R&D to make up there own CPUs, GPUs, and MoBos

DEY MAKE OWN COMPUTER WITH RECYCLED TINS AND BEATS THE PC ANYDAY

LOLZ N00B