Inexpensive tablet for server and surveillance monitoring

valhalla540

Hey can anyone suggest a roughly 10" (greater than 8") Android tablet that could be used for for wall mounted servers monitoring, surveillance camera montage viewing and potentially a few other task. I know fire HD 10 is good for the price, but rooting and lock screen overrides are a little spotty to keep up with. 

A straight up Android tablet that is relatively thin and powerful enough to run the above would be good and age doesn't matter. Figured I'd grab something off ebay to test around with before committing to something newer.

TLDR: Suggest a good 1-3 year old Android 10" tablet to handle surveillance montage and server stat monitoring that will be wall mounted. Thanks! 

if you gonna wall mount it anyways you maybe can get better use with a raspberry pi and a monitor.

8 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

if you gonna wall mount it anyways you maybe can get better use with a raspberry pi and a monitor.

Hmmm. Interesting. Do you happen to have any links or search terms that could help me research that. Like a sample of a build, not all the basics I would need to understand :)  I'd appreciate it. At work and want to maximize my free reading time :) THANK!

just check the raspberry pi homepage, they have an official 7" touchscreen LCD or you can connect it to any HDMI based monitor as you like.

Its just a small PC you can do everything you want with it.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

just check the raspberry pi homepage, they have an official 7" touchscreen LCD or you can connect it to any HDMI based monitor as you like.

Its just a small PC you can do everything you want with it.

Sounds good thanks again. 

Still looking for other recommendations for decent 1-3 year old android tablets. Want to have both options still open ;-).