Black Friday 2018 .... My First Gaming RIg

CrabNebula

Hi 

I am planning to build my First Gaming PC this Thanksgiving. Please find the details below 

Budget & Location : under 750$, USA 

Aim : To play FPS , CS-GO and PUBG and regular Web- browsing 

Monitors  :  2 ASUS VX238 Monitors

Peripherals :  Regular KB and mouse 

Hard Disk M2 Hard Drive 256 GB
RAM G SKILL 16GB 2400MHz
CPU Ryzen 5 1600 3.6 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
GPU Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Power Supply EVGA 550W Full Modular

Please review the components and provide feedback if its an optimal configuration.

Let me know if any of them is an overkill. 

I am not planning on additional cooling . let me know if its required 

However i am planning on increasing  my storage with an additional 500GB SSD in future. 

hows something like this? I'm not sure if you're including the monitors and peripherals in your budget. I'm sure you can find these components or comparable for under 750 on black friday.

I think you should get faster memory than 2400 for a ryzen system. I also think the 570 is an under-performing card. I'm sure you'll be able to find great sales on 1060 6gb cards on black friday, even if it isn't EVGA.

I also recommend adding a large capacity hard drive to your system for games/files. You don't necessarily need an M.2 drive for this build. For your budget it would make more sense to just add a sata ssd for your boot drive. You could even go down to 120gb if you'd prefer

56 minutes ago, Derrk said:

This is a much... MUCH better PC than the OP posted. If you wanted to save money you could buy a cheaper case, or a smaller SSD, or both. I use 128gb m.2 SSDs in my computers for the boot drive. 

12 hours ago, Derrk said:

hows something like this? I'm not sure if you're including the monitors and peripherals in your budget. I'm sure you can find these components or comparable for under 750 on black friday.

I think you should get faster memory than 2400 for a ryzen system. I also think the 570 is an under-performing card. I'm sure you'll be able to find great sales on 1060 6gb cards on black friday, even if it isn't EVGA.

I also recommend adding a large capacity hard drive to your system for games/files. You don't necessarily need an M.2 drive for this build. For your budget it would make more sense to just add a sata ssd for your boot drive. You could even go down to 120gb if you'd prefer

Thanks Derrk  for your suggestion. One more question.  Is the G.Skill Aegis 16GB compatible with the mobo ? I dont see that mentioned on the QVL list 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, CrabNebula said:

Thanks Derrk  for your suggestion. One more question.  Is the G.Skill Aegis 16GB compatible with the mobo ? I dont see that mentioned on the QVL list 

thats a good question that i hadn't thought of. Ryzen 1 was much pickier about memory than ryzen 2, and I'm not sure how much they've resolved that with bios updates.

Whatever memory you go with, I would just spend a little extra cash to get something with speeds of 3000mhz or 3200mhz

On 11/19/2018 at 12:16 PM, CrabNebula said:

Hi 

I am planning to build my First Gaming PC this Thanksgiving. Please find the details below 

Budget & Location : under 750$, USA 

Aim : To play FPS , CS-GO and PUBG and regular Web- browsing 

Monitors  :  2 ASUS VX238 Monitors

Peripherals :  Regular KB and mouse 

Hard Disk M2 Hard Drive 256 GB
RAM G SKILL 16GB 2400MHz
CPU Ryzen 5 1600 3.6 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
GPU Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Power Supply EVGA 550W Full Modular

Please review the components and provide feedback if its an optimal configuration.

Let me know if any of them is an overkill. 

I am not planning on additional cooling . let me know if its required 

However i am planning on increasing  my storage with an additional 500GB SSD in future. 

Build something like this....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8 GB DUAL Video Card  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $751.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-20 18:33 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W