Conflicted between what gpu to buy

Bazzzze

Hi Ltt forum,

I've been looking at a new gpu for a little while, and since its soon to be black friday, I thought why not.

I have an ultrawide 3440x1440 100hz panel that's running on an gtx 970, it runs fine but I would like to turn up the graphic settings a little more.

I've looked at a Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI and a Gainward RTX 2080 because they are roughly the same price where I live (both on sale right now, and till black friday)

the RTX 2080 is of course more expensive being: 890$

and the GTX 1080TI being: 835$

1080ti

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Just now, lmeneses said:

1080ti

any specific reason?

8 minutes ago, Bazzzze said:

any specific reason?

You would be paying $55 more for a pointless feature atm and a couple more frames

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

8 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

You would be paying $55 more for a pointless feature atm and a couple more frames

alright i see there's not that much of a difference, would it be worth to buy used?

I found an post of an msi aero GTX 1080ti with a kraken x42 and kraken g12 for 836$ 

18 minutes ago, Bazzzze said:

alright i see there's not that much of a difference, would it be worth to buy used?

I found an post of an msi aero GTX 1080ti with a kraken x42 and kraken g12 for 836$ 

Buying a 1080ti used is worth it. Just ask the seller if its been oced, if it was used for mining and if so, how long was it running for, etc. That sounds like a good deal tho, just be wary 

Just now, pstarlord said:

Is your monitor G-Sync ready?  

yup its the acer predator X34p

I think I'll go for a new GTX 1080 ti, I don't trust the ad with the used one (seems too shady)

but I'll wait for the 23rd because that's the official black friday, then I can look at other retailers to see what's cheapest.

thx for the help