3D Mark $5 @ Humble Store

Streetguru

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

31 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Got the advanced version for $2.99 back in 2014. Was nearly Christmas so most likely a holiday sale.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

On 11/17/2018 at 3:28 PM, Streetguru said:

Steam has a similar sale but also has 3D, PC, and VR mark for 9$.  https://store.steampowered.com/app/223850/3DMark/

P.S. Streetguru, you helped me with my first build and it's finally done. I typing on it right now. I had to hold off on the graphics card until I get my tax return and this 20 series mayhem gets fixed. Until then I have an RX 570 as a placeholder. Here's its current state 

5 hours ago, VaultTechEngineering said:

P.S. Streetguru, you helped me with my first build and it's finally done.

But I would have told you to get an R5 2600 + $75 motherboard, no CPU cooler, and all of that money saved would have likely gotten you Vega 56 or a 1070ti

Assuming it's for gaming.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

But I would have told you to get an R5 2600 + $75 motherboard, no CPU cooler, and all of that money saved would have likely gotten you Vega 56 or a 1070ti

Assuming it's for gaming.

It's for gaming and production work. I more so used your case reference, for the air flow, cable management, and look for the price, it's hard to beat. Also my budget went out the window after a couple weeks of looking around. I also forgot to mention I got the gpu used on ebay for 99$ (mint, dustless with the film still one the card, was basically new) and plan on using it on my friends build in the future when I can get a decent high end this coming tax season. Consider this version of the build the Alpha. It plays 99% of everything on ultra at or above 60fps so until I get my high end gpu I think I can manage.