WANTED (preferably alive): Keyboard

Hey there, traveler!

I've been looking for a new keyboard for a while, maybe you could help me out.

Must have:

- Wireless

- Portable, but not tiny (Bonus: Carry Case)

- Numpad

- Dark room capable (Lit keys, yo - Bonus: Full RGB)

- QWERTZ Layout

Also in the same package, if possible:

- Multi-Device (preferably with 2.4 dongle AND BT built in)

- Uses proper batteries instead of built in rechargeable

- Mechanical (non-clicky)

I've had high hopes for the X-1 from kickstarter, but they don't intend on making QWERTZ layout. So, RIP.

Others always lack one thing or the other, too! Plz help.

*Addendum: If it's missing one of the things, still, suggest it. Because I'm having a feeling that I'll have to make a compromise here, and would like to know those options then, too. My wallet is ready! Thx.

This is a dumb question, but isnt the qwertz layout implemented in software, meaning you could just swap the z and y keycaps from a qwerty board?

Been thinking about that, too. But, there's more to that layout than just those keys. Special chars and äöü, all that stuff. The / \ are mapped differently, too, I think. Bottom line is, things would be missing or shown to be on the wrong keys.

1 hour ago, TheBlackSun said:

Been thinking about that, too. But, there's more to that layout than just those keys. Special chars and äöü, all that stuff. The / \ are mapped differently, too, I think. Bottom line is, things would be missing or shown to be on the wrong keys.

What is your budget? I don't where you live, but where I live this keyboard is sold with QWERTZ https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/Wireless-mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/K63-Wireless-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-—-Blue-LED-—-Cherry-MX-Red/p/CH-9145030-NA

and removable wrist rest, which makes it to almost perfectly aligned with your requirements. 

Tenkeyless is not what you want,sorry.

The only thing I can think of that fits this description is the Logitech G613. Full size, but it’s a bit… H U G E

But yeah it fits everything in your descriptions.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

3 hours ago, DrDerp said:

The only thing I can think of that fits this description is the Logitech G613. Full size, but it’s a bit… H U G E

But yeah it fits everything in your descriptions.

IKR?! It would be absolutely perfect, as I've already got the (wired) G910 and G900 with their software. If it just wasn't such a damn plank...!That exact thing, just scaled down a noth or two would be insta buy. But I ain't carrying that thing around. It's really not made to be carried around, either. Maaaan, Logitech... c'mon, guys...

7 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Tenkeyless is not what you want,sorry.

Yeah, the K63 is very sexy, too. Didn't know you could even remove the wrist rest! It's been on my compromises list already, though. Does it actually support multi-device? Or just a single connection...? Depending on what I have to do, the tenkeyless might be a compromise I could make - if it's the only one, that is. You got one...?

29 minutes ago, TheBlackSun said:

IKR?! It would be absolutely perfect, as I've already got the (wired) G910 and G900 with their software. If it just wasn't such a damn plank...!That exact thing, just scaled down a noth or two would be insta buy. But I ain't carrying that thing around. It's really not made to be carried around, either. Maaaan, Logitech... c'mon, guys...

Yeah, the K63 is very sexy, too. Didn't know you could even remove the wrist rest! It's been on my compromises list already, though. Does it actually support multi-device? Or just a single connection...? Depending on what I have to do, the tenkeyless might be a compromise I could make - if it's the only one, that is. You got one...?

I think it does support multi device but you might wanna check that,it's not important for me, so I can't confirm it because I did not buy it. It was on my list, checked it in store, it was really nice, but I did not like blue lighting, and I would not use many of the features, like media buttons and so on so paying more for things I will not use would be stupid. And wireless is not my cup of tea. The build of it is really solid though. 

So, here's them options that I got:

Corsair K63 (Numpad missing):

image.png.0da560e16f7d10d5bdc81d97e43239ac.png

+ Wrist rest removable

+ LapBoard available

- Not multi-device

-- Keys too high in profile for loose transportation in backpack (no carry case)

Logitech G Pro (Numpad missing):

image.png.310a0023be3a2a10e24c032f37e09598.png

+ Fits in with existing Logitech

+ I like Romer-G

--- QWERTY only (whyyyyyyyyy)

Hexgears X-1 (QWERTY only):

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1994/3097/products/X-1-ARTSY.png?v=1542320128

+ Super portable

+ Multi-Device

-- Light whines apparently (comparable to coil whine)

--- No QWERTZ layout

Logitech G810 (Wireless missing):

image.png.836da52e82f3d85298ba3dce6aa3b7fe.png

+ Absolutely perfect in every way

--- Cutting the cord makes it stop working

Logitech G613 (Huuge, not portable):

image.png.49ce7a5eef290736e8a3c9a2a90b1301.png

- No backlight

--- Honey, I super-sized our keyboard

Logitech K780

image.png.f25ab7716e2fdb4b47c034ce5ed44e51.png

+ Portable

+ Numpad

+ Carry case available

+ Seamless Multi-Device

+ Retro-ish concave keys

- ... which are neither lit

- ... nor mechanical

- White tray not removable (size+1)

--- F-Row only works when holding fn-key!! FUUUU I'm a software dev, I need them! Whyyyyyyyy

Now, I'd still like to know if it would be possible to use some of the G810's QWERTZ Keycaps to frankenstein a wireless G Pro into having QWERTZ layout. That could work, possibly, but I'm not willing to take that risk (and, hunt down the keycaps I'd need to do that).

Soo... I'm not too happy, it's so frustrating when there are so many keyboards that are so damn close to what I need but none actually fit perfectly.

If I missed any better ones, please tell!

1 hour ago, TheBlackSun said:

So, here's them options that I got:

Corsair K63 (Numpad missing):

image.png.0da560e16f7d10d5bdc81d97e43239ac.png

+ Wrist rest removable

+ LapBoard available

- Not multi-device

-- Keys too high in profile for loose transportation in backpack (no carry case)

Logitech G Pro (Numpad missing):

image.png.310a0023be3a2a10e24c032f37e09598.png

+ Fits in with existing Logitech

+ I like Romer-G

--- QWERTY only (whyyyyyyyyy)

Logitech G810 (Wireless missing):

image.png.836da52e82f3d85298ba3dce6aa3b7fe.png

--- Cutting the cord makes it stop working

Logitech G613 (Huuge, not portable):

image.png.49ce7a5eef290736e8a3c9a2a90b1301.png

- No backlight

--- Honey, I super-sized our keyboard

Logitech K780

image.png.f25ab7716e2fdb4b47c034ce5ed44e51.png

+ Portable

+ Numpad

+ Carry case available

+ Seamless Multi-Device

+ Retro-ish concave keys

- ... which are neither lit

- ... nor mechanical

- White tray not removable (size+1)

--- F-Row only works when holding fn-key!! FUUUU I'm a software dev, I need them! Whyyyyyyyy

Now, I'd still like to know if it would be possible to use some of the G810's QWERTZ Keycaps to frankenstein a wireless G Pro into having QWERTZ layout. That could work, possibly, but I'm not willing to take that risk (and, hunt down the keycaps I'd need to do that).

Soo... I'm not too happy, it's so frustrating when there are so many keyboards that are so damn close to what I need but none actually fit perfectly.

If I missed any better ones, please tell!

geo3 

Might help you, he helped me a lot with my search for the right keyboard, I tagged him, maybe he will  help.

3 hours ago, TheBlackSun said:

~~Snippity Snop~~

Agreed with everything here; what I’m thinking would be right for you @TheBlackSun is a K63 with a dedicated numbpad.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

5 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Agreed with everything here; what I’m thinking would be right for you @TheBlackSun is a K63 with a dedicated numbpad.

it is wired though. 

12 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

That used to be pretty low on the list, because no Multi-Device, and not pravtical for backpack since keys are too high from the side profile and there's no carry case. At that point, the use I'd get out of it would be severely diminished, if I had to buy a seperate (wireless and portable!) Numpad with its own dongle, that's getting to the "ridiculous" end of the scale. It's for home, and someplece-else media and gaming, and I intend to use it for work in the meantime (backpacking it each day).

I'd rather not get two keyboards instead of one proper thing, as I either spend all the budget on one to get quality, or split it and then won't be happy with either of them.

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

it is wired though. 

K63 is wireless...? Numpad extra is a no-go, tho... be that wired, or wireless.

Just now, TheBlackSun said:

That used to be pretty low on the list, because no Multi-Device, and not pravtical for backpack since keys are too high from the side profile and there's no carry case. At that point, the use I'd get out of it would be severely diminished, if I had to buy a seperate (wireless and portable!) Numpad with its own dongle, that's getting to the "ridiculous" end of the scale. It's for home, and someplece-else media and gaming, and I intend to use it for work in the meantime (backpacking it each day).

I'd rather not get two keyboards rather than one proper thing, as I either spend all the budget on one to get quality, or split it and then won't be happy with either of them.

K63 is wireless...? Numpad extra is a no-go, tho... be that wired, or wireless.

I said it IS wired :)

8 minutes ago, TheBlackSun said:

Wait, no it's not? The thing has no wires!

There are few versions of it. There is a wireless one, my mistake. Sorry. 

Oh? I didn't know that, as I didn't look for these. Huh!

Confusion sucessfully averted!

Definitely looks like a solid contender. Thanks!

My only issue there is, 2 out of 3 of my PCs don't have BT built in. And I'm not sure about the stability of BT across any of these (using dongles).

Is that thing available in black, too...? I could only find the white one, and it's got very... mixed... reviews, too. Looks like I'd need a case for that one, too. Putting that in the bag with the keys begging to be ripped off doesn't seem like a good idea (same with the X-1, tho).

On 11/17/2018 at 10:55 AM, noxdeouroboros said:

How about this keyboard? 

https://www.drevo.net/product/keyboard/joyeuse 

DSCF3318.jpg

I think it might fit your needs. Emphasis on might :)

I would just double check the polling rate as I’ve heard on other Drevo products that it’s low enough to be extremely uncomfortable to type on.

Huh. So, not too solid of a contender, then. I really don't want to have to get two keyboards, tho... hff. Well, thanks for the contributions, anyway! Appreciate ya guys.