Psu fan not spinning

Teik

So I started to build my pc and got it all done then my psu (EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular) is not even spinning and my build didn’t start. First time pc builder and don’t know what to do. I bought it from amazon. 

13 minutes ago, Teik said:

... and my build didn’t start. 

Sorry, to hear that. Can you provide more details as to what happens when you press the power button, for example, does it show any signs of life, can you enter the BIOS screen, do you see any signs of the OS booting, etc.

where are you from? there should be 2 switches on the back of the psu.

1. is for voltage depending on where you are from in the world

2. on/off switch

Do you have the CPU, RAM, GPU and CPU cooler installed? Are all the cables properly plugged in? Is the power switch on the back of the PSU switched on?

:)

6 minutes ago, mcg said:

Sorry, to hear that. Can you provide more details as to what happens when you press the power button, for example, does it show any signs of life, can you enter the BIOS screen, do you see any signs of the OS booting, etc.

I have this nzxt case and led light doesn’t come on. I think I might have received a dead power supply. 

7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

where are you from? there should be 2 switches on the back of the psu.

1. is for voltage depending on where you are from in the world

2. on/off switch

I’m from the Midwest and I can only see one switch. I don’t think this matters but it’s a semi module. 

2 minutes ago, Teik said:

I have this nzxt case and led light doesn’t come on. I think I might have received a dead power supply. 

It could be that you installed the front panel connector cables wrong. Recheck them, consult the motherboard manual, or check some helper videos online : 

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Do you have the CPU, RAM, GPU and CPU cooler installed? Are all the cables properly plugged in? Is the power switch on the back of the PSU switched on?

I plugged in all the cables but I will check again 

Just now, Teik said:

I plugged in all the cables but I will check again 

They can be pretty tricky to connect right. I've built a number of PCs but still had the POWER SW inverted once and it didn't turn on.

2 minutes ago, mcg said:

It could be that you installed the front panel connector cables wrong. Recheck them, consult the motherboard manual, or : 

I have the nzxt h500i case and I didn’t see any of those. 

there should be a set of cables that come out of the top near the front of the case that should be routed and plugged into the small pins at the bottom of the motherboard

The manual of your case seems to show that there's some cable for that indicated as K. It should connect your mobo to your case's power button.

270003961_ScreenShot2018-11-14at22_14_12.png.b303cbc88e2789dcdf7c0198d9303bbb.png
If you're sure that you've connected your mobo with the front panel of your case, then it might be that PSU is, indeed, dead.

2 minutes ago, mcg said:

The manual of your case seems to show that there's some cable for that indicated as K. It should connect your mobo to your case's power button.

270003961_ScreenShot2018-11-14at22_14_12.png.b303cbc88e2789dcdf7c0198d9303bbb.png

If you're sure that you've connected your mobo with the front panel of your case, then it might be the PSU is, indeed, dead.

DUDE I GOT IT

Just now, Teik said:

I got it to work

What was the problem?

19 minutes ago, mcg said:

What was the problem?

I had the little tab things in the wrong place

Just now, Teik said:

I had the little tab things in the wrong place

Great, CASE CLOSED then : )