Steam Games

DLM_012
Go to solution Solved by Jogostar,

Please elaborate because I'm not sure I understand... I'm saying that I've already bought a game on steam for Windows ages ago. Is it that game unlocked for free on all the other platforms the game supports (Mac and Linux)

if you bought a game that says linux compatible, it works on windoes and linux, you don't need to buy two seperate versions.

I can't seem to find an answer for this online (or the proper search terms) so I've came here to ask you guys.

If you've previously bought a game (like L4D2) for Windows on Steam, is the Linux version also unlocked?

I'm wondering if I'll have to pay again for the same game. If so I might hold off on building my Steam box even though I have a parts list together.

Thanks in advance :)

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm pretty sure linux version means that the games are compatible with linux

I'm pretty sure linux version means that the games are compatible with linux

Please elaborate because I'm not sure I understand...

I'm saying that I've already bought a game on steam for Windows ages ago. Is it that game unlocked for free on all the other platforms the game supports (Mac and Linux)

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Please elaborate because I'm not sure I understand... I'm saying that I've already bought a game on steam for Windows ages ago. Is it that game unlocked for free on all the other platforms the game supports (Mac and Linux)

if you bought a game that says linux compatible, it works on windoes and linux, you don't need to buy two seperate versions.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Just the answer I was looking for! Thanks a ton!

Yes if you look above the buy button it shows its compatible with windows mac and linux

post-5552-0-77020900-1389190635_thumb.pn

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Just the answer I was looking for! Thanks a ton!

use it as *mark solved" ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

use it as *mark solved" ^^

I wish I could but I'm using taptatalk and can't find that option anywhere so I'll do it as soon as I get back on my desktop or laptop.