Budget building or prebuilt?

Shaicy

My laptop recently broke(not ideal for gaming wasn't my first choice) and my budget is below $800 I know close to nothing about building PCs and I asked a friend to help me pick  the prebuild one and from all the ones I linked they said https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883230358 was the best. Could I build something similar for less or something better? 

PCPartPicker part list:

Few dollars more, has an SSD, better graphics card. If you need it cheaper I can easily edit it.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Shaicy said:

Could I build something similar for less or something better? 

for the most part, you can always build a more powerful pc than a prebuilt for less

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

10 minutes ago, Shaicy said:

My laptop recently broke(not ideal for gaming wasn't my first choice) and my budget is below $800 I know close to nothing about building PCs and I asked a friend to help me pick  the prebuild one and from all the ones I linked they said https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883230358 was the best. Could I build something similar for less or something better? 

Better performance for the same amount: 

If you need more storage you can get a 1tb hard drive with a 240gb ssd

16 minutes ago, Slottr said:

PCPartPicker part list:

Few dollars more, has an SSD, better graphics card. If you need it cheaper I can easily edit it.

Also it has 16gb instead of 8

Thank everyone appreciate it. I'll be going with one of the options presented to me ?