[Help] Best connectivity for my Logitech Z906

Hello Mates,

I have recently upgraded my speakers to Logitech Z906, and I mostly play Games and Watch movies, no music on PC (so lets not talk about how bad Z906 is with Music - I know that already).

My question is if anyone has any experience with this Z906 with 5.1 channel through the 3.5 mm cables provided and getting an optical cable would make any difference when the device decode the sound all by itself. It is interesting for you to know that the onboard audio is ALC1220 (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0).

Should I keep the 3.5mm analog configuration or I should try for the digital input for the speaker?

Will there be any major difference in Game/Movie sounds?

• 4 weeks later...

Optical and Analogue have different sound signatures. try it, you might like it, you might not.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:03 PM, BrutalBubu said:

Hello Mates,

I have recently upgraded my speakers to Logitech Z906, and I mostly play Games and Watch movies, no music on PC (so lets not talk about how bad Z906 is with Music - I know that already).

My question is if anyone has any experience with this Z906 with 5.1 channel through the 3.5 mm cables provided and getting an optical cable would make any difference when the device decode the sound all by itself. It is interesting for you to know that the onboard audio is ALC1220 (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0).

Should I keep the 3.5mm analog configuration or I should try for the digital input for the speaker?

Will there be any major difference in Game/Movie sounds?

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)