What do you think about new version of Plex on Samsung TVs

J.b091

As you know Plex updated their version for Samsung TVs. They made drastic changes in UI and another things. What do you think about new UI? Do you like it or no?

Personally I hate it, having bugs, error for playing some video, but most of all I hate it for ugly/confusing UI.

Oh boy, I'm glad I haven't pushed the update button yet. I was wondering what apps would be updated when it told me they were ready.

What does it look like now?

[Edit] lol looks like more people weren't happy with it https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-samsung-update/329048/5

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

21 hours ago, tikker said:

Oh boy, I'm glad I haven't pushed the update button yet. I was wondering what apps would be updated when it told me they were ready.

What does it look like now?

[Edit] lol looks like more people weren't happy with it https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-samsung-update/329048/5

Oh yes, I'm one of them from their forum. Unfortunately I had "auto updates" on, so now I'm stuck with this new version. However even if I hate this new UI, there is one good thing about this update: I can play 4k movies now with subtitles on without buffering. I wish they would give us ability to choose between old and new UI.

19 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

I can play 4k movies now with subtitles on without buffering

They finally fixed that transcoding issue? Dang, I might just suffer through the horrible UI for that...

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

They finally fixed that transcoding issue? Dang, I might just suffer through the horrible UI for that...

Yes I think so, someone said it on forum, I have 1 4k movie in Plex, enabled subtitles and it didn't lag. Just in case, I will put more 4k in my PC and check again to make sure they fixed and yes, I was also shocked when I heard about it. If they would fix only that and don't touch UI, that would be perfect. This new UI is disaster! Also, you might get error on some 4k content. I went in settings in audio, checked something and I think it got fixed, but unfortunately I didn't have much time to test. (writing this post from work office).