David Wang From AMD Confirms That There Will Eventually Be an Answer to DirectX Raytracing

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

You can say the same about all top end cards as they really only make up a small portion of the total market. We could have saidc the same about Freesync, vulcan and opengl, hell we can even apply the same argument to cuda and openCL when they first became a thing.  But the fact is that technology filters down, give it a few years and majority of cards down to the XX60 will have RTX on them.

Will they though? I don't know if Nvidia is actually able to produce that type cheaply, nor are they willing to implement it on mainstream cards. We don't have a 2060/2050, but weren't those supposed to be GTX cards and not rtx for a reason?

Just now, laminutederire said:

Will they though?

Given majority of everything else ever developed moves down the scale and becomes common to base models I don't see why this wouldn't.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Given majority of everything else ever developed moves down the scale and becomes common to base models I don't see why this wouldn't.

Time will tell I guess.

Given the technologies actually being pushed I'd be surprised if this isn't more a gimmick for a few months than anything else. As I told, it's not scaleable to better effects by nature, and it doesn't even seem that easily to develop for as well, which will limit adoption to only the bigger studios for quite a while as well. And to be honest it's either becoming an instant must have or it'll just be forgotten because it's unimpressive/incomplete.

Especially since it won't go to console in any form until the gen after the next one.