windoes 10 pro upgrade sugggestion

krrish

HI Folks, 

This is my first post here, i follow the channel on youtube, love the show and the community. 

Coming to the post: my current laptop HP envy X360 16gb ram, 256sdd and 1tb HDD, intel I7 this year. i wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 pro, i got the  laptop with windows 10 home.  official store has it for 99usd, some online choices are 40 but , ebay has choices form 5 to 90 all over the place with reviews from ranging to 200 to 2000

has any one from the community ever tried these? 

if i upgrade to windows 10 pro, and later i would like to come to windows 10 home, can that be still a valid option to me not loosing my original windows 10 home ?

Ebay link 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R2.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xwindoes+.TRS0&_nkw=windows+10+pro+key&_sacat=0

image.thumb.png.7ef70868cfa37e80f6263619077d8313.png

Get it from Kinguin.net for like $15.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I don't think you can "upgrade" from Home to Pro. You can do a fresh install of Pro on your laptop and that will remove home. I suppose you can try saving or writing down your OEM Home key somewhere for later. Do note that it'll work only on the laptop and not any other device.

Do you really need the Home version? 

12 minutes ago, amusedschrodinger said:

I don't think you can "upgrade" from Home to Pro. You can do a fresh install of Pro on your laptop and that will remove home. I suppose you can try saving or writing down your OEM Home key somewhere for later. Do note that it'll work only on the laptop and not any other device.

Do you really need the Home version? 

You can upgrade home to pro. You just have to type in the new key and reboot. 

thanks guys, windoes 10 pro yes, i would  like to work with docket and stuff.  will try to buy online and update if its really working from ebay.