China temporarily lifts 14 year old video game console ban

TopWargamer

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131078-China-Lifts-Ban-on-Sale-and-Production-of-Consoles

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/china-gamesconsoles-idINL3N0KH15920140107

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444044/china-lifts-ban-on-foreign-game-consoles/

Because I know some of you will mention it, no, this was not posted many months ago. That news was about China considering it, whereas now they have actually come to a decision and have decided to temporarily lift the ban. Hopefully this is a permanent decision.

From the Reuters article:

China's State Council has temporarily lifted a ban on the sale of foreign games consoles, paving the way for firms like Sony Corp, Microsoft Corp and Nintendo Co Ltd to enter a multi-billion dollar video game market.

The suspension of the 14-year-old ban permits "foreign-invested enterprises" to make games consoles within Shanghai's free trade zone and sell them in China, providing they gain government approval, the government said in a statement posted on its website on Monday.

The statement gave no further details.

This move will undoubtedly greatly improve China's economy, I can tell you that right now. For companies such as Sony and Nintendo who are really hurting right now, this is a great opportunity for them to launch their consoles in China, and potentially rake in billions of Dollars (or well, Yen, in their case). Microsoft I'm sure will also attempt to move into the market, but I can't see them having a huge impact since it's an Asian country.

So the Chinese people may side with a more Asian company such as Sony or Nintendo, but there's the problem that they're Japanese companies, and with the whole dispute going on between China and Japan at the moment, that may hurt their sales in the market and POTENTIALLY give Microsoft a greater market share in China.

So China, get your game on, while it's legal.

COMIC SANS

Can someone please explain to me why Japan and China hate each other so much?

On topic:

Is the ban going through a review to see if it's permanently lifted?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

It's because of a dispute over an island that's happening right now. The dispute has been going on for many years, but it's escalated quite a bit recently. For more information on the matter, Google is your friend.

COMIC SANS

So... They will probably make consoles for their own market and explore even more non-optimal work conditions...

Signatures are stupid.

On topic:

There is hundreds of years of conflict between the two nations but most recently they have been fighting about the senkaku islands.

Edit: can't remember the exact reasons but i have a Chinese Chemistry teacher who explained thoroughly why they hate each other.

It probably is. I dunno though. China's probably going to wait it out a bit to see if it helps in any way (which it will).

COMIC SANS

There is hundreds of years of conflict between the two nations but most recently they have been fighting about the senkaku islands.

Edit: can't remember the exact reasons but i have a Chinese Chemistry teacher who explained thoroughly why they hate each other.

I kind of think of it as China being a little kid, not getting anything they want and whining about it.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

On topic:

I think its pretty one-sided, with China hating japan.  There was some pretty appalling stuff that happened between the world wars, specifically a lot of rape and pillaging. 

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131078-China-Lifts-Ban-on-Sale-and-Production-of-Consoles

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/china-gamesconsoles-idINL3N0KH15920140107

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444044/china-lifts-ban-on-foreign-game-consoles/

Because I know some of you will mention it, no, this was not posted many months ago. That news was about China considering it, whereas now they have actually come to a decision and have decided to temporarily lift the ban. Hopefully this is a permanent decision.

From the Reuters article:

This move will undoubtedly greatly improve China's economy, I can tell you that right now. For companies such as Sony and Nintendo who are really hurting right now, this is a great opportunity for them to launch their consoles in China, and potentially rake in billions of Dollars (or well, Yen, in their case). Microsoft I'm sure will also attempt to move into the market, but I can't see them having a huge impact since it's an Asian country.

So the Chinese people may side with a more Asian company such as Sony or Nintendo, but there's the problem that they're Japanese companies, and with the whole dispute going on between China and Japan at the moment, that may hurt their sales in the market and POTENTIALLY give Microsoft a greater market share in China.

So China, get your game on, while it's legal.

Actually I don't worry much about the sales performance of Nintendo and Sony. Although there are many conflicts between the two countries, many Chinese people will still buy Japanese products (foreign goods+good quality)....

For example recently many Japanese company release their “New Years Lucky Bags”,but actually many were bought by Chinese in Japan, want to sell the valuables in those Lucky Bags....

I thought this was from a while ago? I remember hearing about maybe a year ago? I forget but this isn't the first time I have heard this. Or was it the possibility of them lifting I heard.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I think its pretty one-sided, with China hating japan.  There was some pretty appalling stuff that happened between the world wars, specifically a lot of rape and pillaging. 

and the Chinese Communist Government used the hatre towards Japan as a diversion for problems inside China....

On topic:

Read the bottom of this post.

It's because of a dispute over an island that's happening right now. The dispute has been going on for many years, but it's escalated quite a bit recently. For more information on the matter, Google is your friend.

That's the most current event, but it goes back farther than that.

I kind of think of it as China being a little kid, not getting anything they want and whining about it.

It's more complicated than that.

Basically, this. 

Of the things that have happened between China and Japan, the most ... hate inducing (in semi-recent memory), I suppose would be World War II. Japan supposedly (depends who you ask) did a lot of raping and pillaging of the Chinese mainland.

But please, when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Like, you know what Total War is? Where you literally destroy everything in your path and burn whatever you don't need while carving a path through a country? That's essentially what Japan did to China. 

Their history before that is a mystery to me, but it's not hard to imagine. Two countries, close to each other, but noticeably different in many ways. But both want autonomy. Wars are gonna happen in that situation. 

Then there is the whole island thing. Where basically, China is trying to say they own it, but Japan owns it (legally) because the US said they do (the US decided a lot after WWII because Japan lost). And the winners of war are the ones who get to decide such things. 

It's complicated. Oh so complicated.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Read the bottom of this post.

That's the most current event, but it goes back farther than that.

It's more complicated than that.

Basically, this. 

Of the things that have happened between China and Japan, the most ... hate inducing (in semi-recent memory), I suppose would be World War II. Japan supposedly (depends who you ask) did a lot of raping and pillaging of the Chinese mainland.

But please, when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Like, you know what Total War is? Where you literally destroy everything in your path and burn whatever you don't need while carving a path through a country? That's essentially what Japan did to China. 

Their history before that is a mystery to me, but it's not hard to imagine. Two countries, close to each other, but noticeably different in many ways. But both want autonomy. Wars are gonna happen in that situation. 

Then there is the whole island thing. Where basically, China is trying to say they own it, but Japan owns it (legally) because the US said they do (the US decided a lot after WWII because Japan lost). And the winners of war are the ones who get to decide such things. 

It's complicated. Oh so complicated.

Well, apparently China is trying to take over most of East Asia's space. China is currently claiming some Japanese Airspace and the Scarborough Shoal

(which in marine laws should legally be ours).

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Umm yea in places like that thell just buy the console and pirate the games...