Need help picking out water cooling parts

So right now I am doing my first water cooling build and am almost ready to start putting it together.  The last thing I need is the water cooling parts and since I do not have experience with this I have come here for help.  

Heres a list of the current parts:

Case - Corsair Obsidian 900D

Power Supply - Evga Supernova 1200 p2

Mobo - Asus Rog Maximus X Formula

GPU - Asus Strix Gaming GTX 1080ti

Memory - 32 gb Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz

CPU - Intel i7 8700k delidded

Storage - Samsung 860 Evo 500gb and a 2TB ssd’s

Now from what I have read it looks like I will most likely go with parts from ek.  And most likely a pump/reservoir combo.  Does anyone have any idea what size reservoir would be best in the 900D?  And what pump/res combo to go with?  From my research of pumps it looks like there are really only two to go with a d5 and another I cant remember?  

After the pump/reservoir is chosen then I just need the water blocks for the cpu and gpu correct?  I def want to do plexi, and then nickel or copper?  I am also going to just do straight cuts and use fitting for bends.  I feel like this would be best because of my lack of experience.  Lastly I would need the tubing.  Is glass/acrylic really going to be that fragile?  Should I just go Petg?  And what size tubing?

Then how many and what size radiators will I need?  I want to do a push/pull setup on them and am not sure what are best fans to use.  And do I watercool the mobo?

Sorry if this post is kind of long and I appreciate any advice/input.

So if you're dead set on using hard tubing then definitely use petg since it's your first time. As for the rest of the parts, EK is probably what you're going to want to go with though I have had good luck with xspc's fittings since they're so much cheaprer. A decent starting place would be a hard tubing kit from ek but the problem is that the reservoir is so small. Though you could also get a performance or extreme series kit and then just get the fittings and tubing though that would also be wasted money. At the very least they give you a parts list of what you'll need.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:18 AM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

So right now I am doing my first water cooling build and am almost ready to start putting it together.  The last thing I need is the water cooling parts and since I do not have experience with this I have come here for help.  

Heres a list of the current parts:

Case - Corsair Obsidian 900D

Power Supply - Evga Supernova 1200 p2

Mobo - Asus Rog Maximus X Formula

GPU - Asus Strix Gaming GTX 1080ti

Memory - 32 gb Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz

CPU - Intel i7 8700k delidded

Storage - Samsung 860 Evo 500gb and a 2TB ssd’s

Now from what I have read it looks like I will most likely go with parts from ek.  And most likely a pump/reservoir combo.  Does anyone have any idea what size reservoir would be best in the 900D?  And what pump/res combo to go with?  From my research of pumps it looks like there are really only two to go with a d5 and another I cant remember?  

After the pump/reservoir is chosen then I just need the water blocks for the cpu and gpu correct?  I def want to do plexi, and then nickel or copper?  I am also going to just do straight cuts and use fitting for bends.  I feel like this would be best because of my lack of experience.  Lastly I would need the tubing.  Is glass/acrylic really going to be that fragile?  Should I just go Petg?  And what size tubing?

Then how many and what size radiators will I need?  I want to do a push/pull setup on them and am not sure what are best fans to use.  And do I watercool the mobo?

Sorry if this post is kind of long and I appreciate any advice/input.

I just want to say this. As long as the pump/res combo fits in your case the size of the res doesn't really matter. It is just there to compensate for evaporation and to make filling the loop a little easier, but tbh if you can pour liquid while filling the loop it doesn't really matter. I have little fitting with a swivel head so I can screw it on easily without the tube needing to spin too that Is connected to a funnel. So I just fill the res and up the tube as much as possible then let it drain the tube all the way back to res and then just pour at a rate to keep the res basically full. If you do that make sure to not get it higher than the rest after the initial draining of the fill tube or you will have a huge mess when you try to remove it lol.

Also if you have the option of a monoblock I would go that route. They aren't that much more spendy and will keep more of your system cool.