Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Help: First PC Build

Hey,

 

1. Budget & Location

My budget is between $1000 - $1500, but I plan on buying everything during Black Friday/Cyber Monday so there is a bit of flexibility. I am in southern California. 

 

2. Aim

This PC will be primarily for gaming. I will, however use it for high school work, but I'm not taking any graphics design classes or anything like that so I don't think this is of much consequence. I'll also use it for web browsing, but nothing along the lines of video editing or streaming. I will be using it to play games such as Civilization VI, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, TES, Shadow of War, XCom, and of course to play any future games of interest. Also, I don't need anything flashy, so RGB and anything like that is unnecessary for me.

 

3. Monitors

I plan on using 1 monitor, with no intentions of using more in the future. I currently have a 1080p 60hz, but highly doubt that will be substantial. That being said, I have no idea what monitor is recommend for what I have.

 

4. Peripherals

I do not need a mouse or keyboard, but I might need a monitor and OS.

 

5. Why are you upgrading?

My current PC is exceptionally old and the replacements and repairs needed to make it functional again would be too inconvenient and expensive.

 

With all that being said, here is a list of the parts I have found. For some reason, I couldn't find this particular CPU on PCPartPicker so I included it separately. It says it comes with a cooler, but I'm not sure if I'll need a different one. Furthermore, I'm not sure if the fans I have are sufficient or if anything I have will cause serious bottlenecking. I don't know if I need anything else or if I should replace something.

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKBz9J
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKBz9J/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($133.79 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($494.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($35.06 @ B&H) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($95.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.19 CFM 120mm Fan  ($19.36 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.19 CFM 120mm Fan  ($19.36 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1063.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 00:31 EST-0500

 

CPU: https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Stealth-Cooler/dp/B07B41WS48/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541740044&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ryzen+5+1600x&psc=1#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

 

Thanks!

 

EDIT: Added to "Aim"; no need for RGB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sean Nguyen said:

Thanks!

Just so you know, this fits into your budget:

 

 

 

 

 

It's also understandable to keep it at the 2600 like you had before:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 But with your budget you might as well get the 1080ti. If not, get the 1070ti and overclock.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... you forgot a CPU lol.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.71 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($514.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1163.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 00:41 EST-0500

 

There's some extra room there to buy whatever monitor you want (I'd suggest a 1440p monitor), an OS, and some case fans, in case the case you pick only has one. You can also get an upgraded CPU cooler if you want to do some overclocking, but the stock cooler should be good enough for a mild OC, so you can try it out and see if you want/need more. Most of the games you play aren't that intense, but a 1080 should last you plenty long for anything you pick. You could upgrade to a 1080 Ti if you wanted (though with stocks almost gone, prices will be pretty high, and you're probably better off going with an RTX 2080 if you can find a good deal on one).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxing out the budget here but if there are some good black Friday deals then you can probably get a system similar to this.

 

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

 

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

 

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

 

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

 

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

 

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

 

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

 

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura  

 

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, APasz said:

Personally I'd avoid the seasonic PSU. 

Why's that?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, APasz said:

best track record.

What do you mean? Seasonic is great.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the second PSU I replace most often in older PCs. SHAW being most often.

For the first few years they're as good as anything else but around the 3/4 year mark they seem to rapidly start going down hill. More so than other PSU brands.

-アパゾ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can go abit over, this gives you a 1440p 165hz g-sync monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: MyDigitalSSD - BP5e Slim 7 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($498.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar - MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($48.98 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($95.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($379.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1517.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 01:19 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MandoPanda said:

Just so you know, this fits into your budget:

 

 

 

 

 

It's also understandable to keep it at the 2600 like you had before:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 But with your budget you might as well get the 1080ti. If not, get the 1070ti and overclock.

While it does fit my budget, I'd rather not spend an extra $300 hundred to get the 1080ti. I think I will switch to the 1070ti though. Also, why did you not include any fans for the build, and any suggestions for a monitor? I don't need anything crazy over the top, just something that'll work well and for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

Well... you forgot a CPU lol.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.71 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($514.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1163.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 00:41 EST-0500

 

There's some extra room there to buy whatever monitor you want (I'd suggest a 1440p monitor), an OS, and some case fans, in case the case you pick only has one. You can also get an upgraded CPU cooler if you want to do some overclocking, but the stock cooler should be good enough for a mild OC, so you can try it out and see if you want/need more. Most of the games you play aren't that intense, but a 1080 should last you plenty long for anything you pick. You could upgrade to a 1080 Ti if you wanted (though with stocks almost gone, prices will be pretty high, and you're probably better off going with an RTX 2080 if you can find a good deal on one).

What's the difference between the case and power supply you suggested versus the one I initially had?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JM21 said:

Maxing out the budget here but if there are some good black Friday deals then you can probably get a system similar to this.

 

Is there a reason you didn't include fans? Does the case already come with one? Also, any monitor suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, APasz said:

It is the second PSU I replace most often in older PCs. SHAW being most often.

For the first few years they're as good as anything else but around the 3/4 year mark they seem to rapidly start going down hill. More so than other PSU brands.

What PSU would you recommend then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

If you can go abit over, this gives you a 1440p 165hz g-sync monitor.

What's the quality difference between 1080p and 1440p? If I were to get a 1080p, any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sean Nguyen said:

...

You probably wont even need a r7 2700, but still, you can go fr it...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($265.60 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($116.79 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.18 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1428.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 02:27 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vexicus365 said:

 You probably wont even need a r7 2700, but still, you can go fr it...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($265.60 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($116.79 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($704.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.18 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1428.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 02:27 EST-0500

Nah, I don't need anything ridiculously crazy like that as I won't be using it for graphic design or video editing or anything like that. Something a little more mainstream I think would do fine. Have any monitor suggestions? Again, don't need top of the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sean Nguyen said:

What's the quality difference between 1080p and 1440p? If I were to get a 1080p, any suggestions?

better picture quality with a higher resolution monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

better picture quality with a higher resolution monitor.

got it. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sean Nguyen said:

Nah, I don't need anything ridiculously crazy like that as I won't be using it for graphic design or video editing or anything like that. Something a little more mainstream I think would do fine. Have any monitor suggestions? Again, don't need top of the line.

If thats the case then build something like this...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.18 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $945.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 02:37 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

If thats the case then build something like this...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.18 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $945.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-09 02:37 EST-0500

Looks great! Thanks! When shopping for motherboards, what should I look for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sean Nguyen said:

Looks great! Thanks! When shopping for motherboards, what should I look for?

READ THIS...

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/992777-how-to-choose-a-motherboard/?tab=comments#comment-11946404

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sean Nguyen said:

What PSU would you recommend then?

EVGA and Corsair for high end, Antec and Silverstone for mid range, ThermalTake and Coolermaster for quality on a budget.

-アパゾ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, APasz said:

EVGA and Corsair for high end, Antec and Silverstone for mid range, ThermalTake and Coolermaster for quality on a budget.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×