Mini ITX build

I constantly dream about building my own pc that i can bring around to my friends. I really want to go for a laptop, but at the same time i can get so much more performance with the same money on a pc. This build is probably has a lot of unnecessary parts, but this is my first build (at least a plan). My price point on a gaming pc/laptop is 1000-1500 dollars. I have not put in a dvd writer because i have one laying around. I also have a operating system. I want to build a gaming pc that can run games on high or better with a decent framerate. I have understood now that i should go for a pc and thats the plan, unless if some crazy new notebook technology comes out. I have tried to tweak it a little after your suggestions. :)

Is there any of the parts that is a better "bang for your buck" ?

All feedback is appreciated :)

UPDATE !!!!

OLD: PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2xfZQ

NEW: PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2BgEE

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.97 @ TigerDirect) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z87I GAMING AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($175.50 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.95 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($556.81 @ Newegg) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($79.99 @ TigerDirect) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1599.16

Looks good, but there are some smaller cases that can fit that and is more easy to carry around.

Do you have any names or link/s to the case/s ?

The 4770k is not need for gaming nor 16gbs of ram. Go for a 4670k and 8gb ram.

The bitfenix prodigy isn't a small m itx case, are you willing to go for a different case? Also will you be alright with a m atx case or do you just want a mini itx case?

Also get a cheaper motherboard and add in a ssd.

Do you have any names or link/s to the case/s ?

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 is good. Or the Asrock M8. Or the Lian Li PC-TU200B.

The 4770k is not need for gaming nor 16gbs of ram. Go for a 4670k and 8gb ram.

The bitfenix prodigy isn't a small m itx case, are you willing to go for a different case? Also will you be alright with a m atx case or do you just want a mini itx case?

Also get a cheaper motherboard and add in a ssd.

I want as small and portable as possible. It would be great if it also could be quiet. Thanks for reply :)

The problem with that case is I don't think a 780 would fit in there.

A fractal node 304 would be able to though.

a 780 can fit in there, it goes under the dirve cage giving it room to fit.

I constantly dream about building my own pc that i can bring around to my friends. I really want to go for a laptop, but at the same time i can get so much more performance with the same money on a pc. This build is probably has a lot of unnecessary parts, but this is my first build (at least a plan). My price point on a gaming pc/laptop is 1000-1500 dollars. I have not put in a dvd writer because i have one laying around. I also have a operating system. I want to build a gaming pc that can run games on high or better with a decent framerate.

All feedback is appreciated :)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2xfZQ

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($95.66 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI IMPACT Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($223.97 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Corsair XMS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($491.98 @ Newegg)

Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1400.55

Do you plan on overclocking? If not you would not need that cooler

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

Do you plan on overclocking? If not you would not need that cooler

I am not going to overclock, but i would like the pc to be as quiet as possible

The cost of 1600MHz memory is not that much more than 1333MHz. Since you didn't indicate a preference for any particular case I thought of the Hadron as it is smal, smaller than the Prodigy and includes a 500W 80+ Gold psu. EVGA claims it has no problem running their GTX 780 gpus. I also changed the motherboard to something that is good quality, but more budget friendly. Since the OP shows an override on the CPU price to a Microcenter pickup, I did the same. Also added an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler:  Phanteks PH-TC14CS_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($134.95 @ Amazon)
Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($491.98 @ Newegg)
Case:  EVGA Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500W Power Supply  ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1420.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-07 15:24 EST-0500)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Why not get both a desktop and laptop?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why not get both a desktop and laptop?

I guess price is a big reason

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

I guess price is a big reason

Would the sole use of a laptop be to game?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Would the sole use of a laptop be to game?

yes

As far as portability goes, the Prodigy is way up there. It can also fit a 780, and your power supply, and some SSDs. Get a cheaper motherboard and an SSD. With SSDs, though, rather than go for one large capacity drive, go for a few smaller capacity drives. So for example, instead of one 256gb, get 2x128gbs, and set them into RAID. That way, you get more performance for your money. 

yes

In that case I don't think you could fit a suitable laptop and desktop in the budget unless you're only doing light gaming.

So have to you decided between a desktop or a laptop?

In that case I don't think you could fit a suitable laptop and desktop in the budget unless you're only doing light gaming.

So have to you decided between a desktop or a laptop?

I think i am going for a desktop pc, because i can get so much more power for the same money. :)

I think i am going for a desktop pc, because i can get so much more power for the same money. :)

i think that is a good idea.

The Bitfenix Prodigy is still quite big compared to other M-ITX Cases. MSI released a new 760 non reference design that is very small and thus able to be fitted in much smaller cases: MSI GTX760 ITX

If you want the best performance to size ratio then nothing beats this build.