Best DDR3 Laptop RAM?

Hi good people.. ?

I'm looking for a little upgrade of my old AMD Laptop. I will change the HDD to a 2.5" SSD, and some high performance RAM, because it's getting .......s......l......o......w....... but I dont want to ditch it, because it still useful for me.. Just want to give it a new life to be more like or closer to its original performance.

Currently it uses dual chanel 6Gb of DDR3 RAM (2+4Gb) after previous RAM upgrade, but apparently it doesn't enough. I want to upgrade it to 16Gb (2x8Gb) if it able to run that much of RAM, or maybe just 8Gb (2x4Gb), whichever compatible best for my laptop. It runs Windows 10 64bit..

So which is the best DDR3 performance laptop RAM I must get?

Thanks for helping me surviving this laptop for longer use..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

9 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

but apparently it doesn't enough.

What do you mean by that?

Does your ram get MAXED OUT?

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

17 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

What do you mean by that?

Does your ram get MAXED OUT?

Most of the time yes.. Also I'm not comfortable with 2+4Gb RAM configurations, and they only run at 800MHz! LOL the benchmark on RealBench for memory test is meh..

The laptop cant be overclocked or downclocked, even I use AMD OverDrive to try to tweek it, but anything I set it wont applied.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Most of the time yes.. Also I'm not comfortable with 2+4Gb RAM configurations, and they only run at 800MHz! LOL the benchmark on RealBench for memory test is meh..

Well i will ignore those benchmark if i were you because they rarely resemble any real workloads.

Since DRAM is still expensive nowadays i'd just going to buy the cheapest one.

Higher RAM speed on DDR3 won't help much dude you better off with a bigger RAM.

10 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Well i will ignore those benchmark if i were you because they rarely resemble any real workloads.

Since DRAM is still expensive nowadays i'd just going to buy the cheapest one.

Higher RAM speed on DDR3 won't help much dude you better off with a bigger RAM.

Yes, but RealBench is the closest representation of real world use than any other syntethic benchmarks.

OK, so bigger capacity is better than higher speed? How about getting both?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Yes, but RealBench is the closest representation of real world use than any other syntethic benchmarks.

OK, so bigger capacity is better than higher speed? How about getting both?

If you have the budget then go for it.

10 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

If you have the budget then go for it.

Do you have a list of recommendation of them?

The one which was the best at their times..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

7 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Do you have a list of recommendation of them?

The one which was the best at their times..

PC yeah but laptop? i am not too familiar with them since i never heard of gaming SODIMM in my life.

Just get whichever is fast and big maybe from corsair or kingston.

38 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The laptop cant be overclocked or downclocked, even I use AMD OverDrive to try to tweek it, but anything I set it wont applied.

Real 800MHz or just those bonkers 800MHz you have to double since the developer of the program wasn't clever enough to adjust to D(ouble)D(ata)R(ate). Since basically all laptops used/use 1600MHz or faster DDR3 memory I assume it's the latter. The performance gain between 1600MHz and 1866MHz is marginal. 2133MHz memory is getting pretty rare and expensive these days (expect almost DDR4 price tags). Any memory module from a reputable brand should be fine unless your board is a bit weird and picky. Doesn't matter if it's Kingston, Samsung, Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin or any other brand. Go with the cheapest 2x8GB set you can find. If 1866MHz kits are just a few bucks more expensive, then go with those, but 1600MHz will be ok aswell. Not worth spending an extra 50 bucks on those extra 3-ish % performance. The SSD will make the biggest difference.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

14 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Real 800MHz or just those bonkers 800MHz you have to double since the developer of the program wasn't clever enough to adjust to D(ouble)D(ata)R(ate). Since basically all laptops used/use 1600MHz or faster DDR3 memory I assume it's the latter. The performance gain between 1600MHz and 1866MHz is marginal. 2133MHz memory is getting pretty rare and expensive these days (expect almost DDR4 price tags). Any memory module from a reputable brand should be fine unless your board is a bit weird and picky. Doesn't matter if it's Kingston, Samsung, Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin or any other brand. Go with the cheapest 2x8GB set you can find. If 1866MHz kits are just a few bucks more expensive, then go with those, but 1600MHz will be ok aswell. Not worth spending an extra 50 bucks on those extra 3-ish % performance. The SSD will make the biggest difference.

The RAM is this:

Untitled.png.94bc61c05f659ff53e8ee03e26a365c6.png

It shows run at 800MHz on the CPUZ, I cant overclock them even with AMD OverDrive.

I'm clueless here desperately wanted to OC the RAM and down-volt the CPU but cant do anything about them..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

1 hour ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The RAM is this:

Untitled.png.94bc61c05f659ff53e8ee03e26a365c6.png

It shows run at 800MHz on the CPUZ, I cant overclock them even with AMD OverDrive.

I'm clueless here desperately wanted to OC the RAM and down-volt the CPU but cant do anything about them..

The spec is PC3-12800 which makes it DDR3-1600. It's DDR, you basically need to double the base clock.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

10 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

The spec is PC3-12800 which makes it DDR3-1600. It's DDR, you basically need to double the base clock.

That's why I'm looking for how to do that.. My RAM runs at half of the rated speed ?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

18 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

That's why I'm looking for how to do that.. My RAM runs at half of the rated speed ?

No it's not. DDR3-1600 is very often displayed as running at 800MHz. Depends on how the program you're using is handling it.