Looking to replace my HD 558s

JabroniBaloney

I've had these for a few years now and they're pretty damn great, buuuuut I do have some extra cash and upgrading something in my PC setup would be nice. Now, I've been ogling a few different sets of headphones and wondering if they're really worth it. The HD 58x, 6xx and DT770 have caught my interest. The closed back would be nice since my PC is near a window and apartment is near where the local kids sports teams have games. But the open back aspect of my current pair is kinda great and outside noise hasn't driven me mad. Though, sometimes in PUBG it's hard to tell if it's a car outside or in the game at times.  

So, what would be a very worthy upgrade? Also, I have a Micca Origen G2. Not really looking to replace that currently. Doubt it'd be necessary anyway. 

Closed back is tough to switch back after the open soundstage of open back especially for gaming. If it doesn't bother you too much then continue with open backed. Between the 6XX and the 58X read the reviews there is not much of a audio quality gap between them. The 58X are supposed to be slightly more bassier than the 6XX. I think you could save the 50 bucks and go for the 58X and get about the same performance more or less.