cpu fan stops spinning but system running fine

itzaju

hello all 

my cpu fan stops working after a couple of seconds, but my pc is still working fine, i can play games and all other stuff, the fan runs for a second and then stops and repeats the same

i did not run the computer for long because i can see that the cpu temps were rising rapidly crossed 80 degree 

i made sure that the fan it self is fine by connecting it to the case fan header,

my cpu has no bend pins 

i tried different ram sticks 

different psu 

reset  the bios  

removed the motherboard from the case to make sure that the case is not shorting any components 

still the issue persist 

these are my specs . amd  phenom x4 955, gigabyte ga78lmt usb3, corsair 450 psu, adata ddr3 1600 ram 

please help?

I would get a new cooler if you have the stock one. you can get a really good cooler for little money. and the stock one just sucks

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

I would get a new cooler if you have the stock one. you can get a really good cooler for little money. and the stock one just sucks

planning to buy a new cooler, nut the problem is not  with the cooler itself its working fine, i connected the cooler to the case fan and its working fine, but when i connect it to the cpu fan header its runs the stops and repeats the same,

If possible go into the BIOS and see what happens when you set the CPU fan to the max.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Do you have another fan you can try using on the same header?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sounds like header is the issue. You can disable no CPU fan warning from BIOS and use CPU fan on another header.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv