Headphone recommendations

So im the kind of guy that likes to buy peripherals, use them a while and then feels like changing them out again even tho nothing is wrong with them, just because id like to try something else and i feel like i nearing that point regarding my headphones. May sound (pun intended) stupid but at least humor me :)

Atm i use the Sony MDR 1A's, which is probably the comfiest headphones i've tried so far. I use them trough a Focusrite Scarlett Solo v2 external sound card/amp

My use case and range:

- For the moment budget is around 200 US Dollars

- Main use will be primarily for when i play games. But also for music and movies

- Cant say i have any preference in sound, the sonys i use now are more or less balanced all across for my untrained ears, so something along the same lines cant hurt, but im open for anything to try out

- I dont mind wireless, but i prefer wired

- Im probably not gonna use them outside, since i already have a JBL 750 Elite that i use when i go out

- I dont have a preference to either open og closed back types, as long as they are over ear types. On ear types have a tendency to hurt my ears after an hour of use

Where i live no stores really offer hands on demos of headphones so any recommendations are greatly appriciated :)

Budget ? 
Main use ?
Sound preference (bass/nobass) ?
Wireless or wired ?
Are you going to use them outside or not ?
Open Back or Closed one's ?

28 minutes ago, voiha said:

Budget ? 
Main use ?
Sound preference (bass/nobass) ?
Wireless or wired ?
Are you going to use them outside or not ?
Open Back or Closed one's ?

Updated original post with preferences! :)

Just now, voiha said:

Then Sennheiser HD 58x checks everything you wish for

alright, any personal experiences you want to share about them? 

1 minute ago, Kobolobob said:

The Beyerdynamic DT990 pro’s are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They sound amazing, and have a great sound stage. They should be around 200 dollars. For a good closed back, pair, get the DT770 Pros. 

3 minutes ago, Kobolobob said:

I don't have have personal experience with them.

2 minutes ago, Kobolobob said:

I have only heard good things about them. My friend has the 6xx and they sound amazing. I have their cheaper gaming one massdrop variant and they still sound better than most of the headphones I have used tbh. 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:47 PM, django_keyes said:

The Beyerdynamic DT990 pro’s are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They sound amazing, and have a great sound stage. They should be around 200 dollars. For a good closed back, pair, get the DT770 Pros. 

I used to have the 990's and they were indeed a solid pair of cans, but i did notice i couldnt wear them for too long, i had to take breaks from just using them. A combination of them pushing a bit too hard on my glasses and i would get super warm because of the velour pads. But otherwise i liked them alot, even tho they were a bit hard to drive for me at the time (i had the 250 ohm version)

On 11/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, Brooksie359 said:

I have only heard good things about them. My friend has the 6xx and they sound amazing. I have their cheaper gaming one massdrop variant and they still sound better than most of the headphones I have used tbh. 

I appreciate the Massdrop HD6xx (clone of the HD650). I’ve owned them for a year now without buyer’s remorse. Mind you, to give them full, “oomph”, I drive them with a Schiit Magni 3 or a Vali 2.  The Senheisser HD6xyz also have a spring-steel headband that survived my head (check to see if the HD5xyz have a plastic or metal headband). Good luck, eh....