Does the 11 inch iPad Pro have a different aspect ratio?

avg123

The side by side picture of the 10.5 inch iPad pro with the 11 inch iPad Pro showed the screen was longer in lengtg but same width as the 10.5 inch 4:3 sceen on the the old iPad. Does it have a 3:2 aspect ratio screen?

I’m pretty sure it’s just smaller bezels. Always try before you buy though, if you’re looking at getting one.

Yeah it’s the same aspect ratio as previous iPads, it just looks weird because new 11” iPad Pro is a bit shorter and a bit wider than last year’s 10.7” iPad Pro.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

6 hours ago, avg123 said:

The side by side picture of the 10.5 inch iPad pro with the 11 inch iPad Pro showed the screen was longer in lengtg but same width as the 10.5 inch 4:3 sceen on the the old iPad. Does it have a 3:2 aspect ratio screen?

No, new 11 inch iPad Pro display is not 4:3, it's a little bit longer, it's somewhere in between 4:3 and 3:2. 12.9 inch iPad Pro however is 4:3, it's kinda interesting that the ratio is different between smaller and larger models.

Here's an image where I resized graphics from Apple website in a way that screen heights are matching. You can see 11 inch model is wider.
BehM8fK.jpg

5 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

Yeah it’s the same aspect ratio as previous iPads, it just looks weird because new 11” iPad Pro is a bit shorter and a bit wider than last year’s 10.7” iPad Pro.

Wrong, don't spread misinformation please. And there is no 10.7 inch iPad, you probably meant 10.5 inch.

Man, I just can't wait until apple realizes that a 16:9 iPad would be great so that you don't get those awful software bezels whenever you watch a video. 

Just now, hiitswilliam said:

Man, I just can't wait until apple realizes that a 16:9 iPad would be great so that you don't get those awful software bezels whenever you watch a video. 

A 16:9 aspect ratio is only good for watching videos, nothing else.

Apps, webpages, comics, books all look better with 4:3 aspect ratio.

All reading material look better with 4:3 aspect ratio.

Which is why even the kindle and all other e-reader have 4:3 aspect ratio.

I see avg 123, and most people might be using it for things other than watching videos. It's just that I have an iPad 2 with some really annoying software bezels, and I hate the feeling that I'm not even getting the full 720p resolution because of that. It shouldn't really be a bummer with the newer iPads with higher resolutions.

1 minute ago, hiitswilliam said:

I see avg 123, and most people might be using it for things other than watching videos. It's just that I have an iPad 2 with some really annoying software bezels, and I hate the feeling that I'm not even getting the full 720p resolution because of that. It shouldn't really be a bummer with the newer iPads with higher resolutions.

Not a problem with the newer iPads. You can get full 1080p with the newer iPads. They have much higher resolution around 1600p with HDR support. The screens look really good. 

I get it. Videos and movies would look so much better with a 16:9 screen that you can hold on your lap while watching.

The only way that is possible for now is those fanless laptops with 360 degree hinge like the XPS convertible. They are thicker and heavier than a ipad but some of them have upto 4k screem.

Now I just really wish I had one. I can't even watch full 720p! I think I'll just get a pc.

Is this Apple, who force video resolution on you too? IMO a 1080p video looks nicer even on a 720p device... (at least Youtube content).

On 10/31/2018 at 8:30 AM, ElZamo92 said:

Well, the Bezels on the new Pro 11" are perfectly even, every side.

2nd gen 10.5" Model had thinner bezels on the Sides, and top / Bottom they were larger.

@ Ratio and videos: I had a Pixel C Tablet (1: sqrt2 format, like a DinA 4 paper. 2560x1800~), so it was "wider" than 4:3, but not quite as much as 16:9. 

When i switched to iPad Pro 10.5", i had absolutely Zero issues watching videos. Yea, there were bars of course, but it doesn't bother me at all.

And for priority, i rather watch videos on 4:3 with good stereo speakers, than on a 16:9 Screen with a Mono speaker. So yea. it's not as bad as many imagine it to be. 

Don't forget, for many other things, the 4:3 ratio is quite nice. Browsing the web, digital writing, reading, etc etc etc.