Building a Portable VR PC

Goal: medium/small form factor PC for VR that can fit at least gtx 1080ti / pcie USB 3.1 hub and the intel pcie chip needed for the wireless module for htc Vive and Vive pro.

why: I go into local bars and restaurants to host VR nights. I'm currently useing an Alienware laptop with a gtx1060 and it works well enough but I'm looking to up my game (so to speak) so Im looking to build a system with great vr functionality that's portable enough that I can comfort take to gigs 

HTC vive compatible: the Vive fits my use case better then my Oculus rift, plus wireless is a big deal and the rift doesn't have any compelling options for wireless right now. (not quest)

Desired desired specs: I need the case to be durible and I don't really care if it has a glass side panel as long as it can take being moved a lot I plan on putting a rysen 7 CPU/all in one water cooler a GTX 1080ti /or higher module power supply and a Samsung Evo ssd + a m.2 drive plus the Intel chip for the Vive wireless adapter and possibly the USB 3.1 pcie card I don't mind modding the case to make somethings fit if needed 

What 1080ti? Do you have a preference?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

MSI have a backpack that would work for you LTT did a vid on it a while ago

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Get an Aero 15x if you want max portability.

You could go Silverstone Sugo SG13, then go with a 1080 to FE, then use a 120mm radiator up front.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

MSI have a backpack that would work for you LTT did a vid on it a while ago

Msi back pack dosent have pcie slots available for the wireless card or the extra USB 3.0 I want to install plus I'd rather build something and get a better product for the money I plan on buying everything on Black Friday/ cyber Monday thanks though ?

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

What 1080ti? Do you have a preference?

All I know is I want an after market but I would like to upgrade to the 2100's or what ever they call them when they come out given prices aren't an extreme I just want to have room for options it doesn't have to be the smalles pc just portable and smaller then a full tower thanks ?

1 minute ago, Drbaccon said:

All I know is I want an after market but I would like to upgrade to the 2100's or what ever they call them when they come out given prices aren't an extreme I just want to have room for options it doesn't have to be the smalles pc just portable and smaller then a full tower thanks ?

Not sure what you mean by 2100s, like the next gen RTX cards? After market isn't as important as the right behavior, and I must say, a blower card is the best for small form factor, and founders edition is the best blower model. Also, you don't need to worry about PCIe wifi, there are itx motherboards with WiFi built in.

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Not sure what you mean by 2100s, like the next gen RTX cards? After market isn't as important as the right behavior, and I must say, a blower card is the best for small form factor, and founders edition is the best blower model. Also, you don't need to worry about PCIe wifi, there are itx motherboards with WiFi built in.

I'm not worried about wifi the Vive  has a wireless adapter for it but in order to use it I'll need a free pcie slots so I'm probably looking for a micro atx case I'm not as worried about having a tiny computer as much as a portable one like a lanbox pc preferably with a handle but i can mod in a handle

2 minutes ago, Drbaccon said:

I'm not worried about wifi the Vive  has a wireless adapter for it but in order to use it I'll need a free pcie slots so I'm probably looking for a micro atx case I'm not as worried about having a tiny computer as much as a portable one like a lanbox pc preferably with a handle but i can mod in a handle

Oh I was mistaken, I thought the wireless adapter came off the link box.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Oh I was mistaken, I thought the wireless adapter came off the link box.

Yeah I realize I'm looking for a full PC in a smaller form im looking for a matx case that has room for a gpu and 2 free pcie slots I was just looking for something that could provide that with out me lugging around a large tower 

1 minute ago, Drbaccon said:

Yeah I realize I'm looking for a full PC in a smaller form im looking for a matx case that has room for a gpu and 2 free pcie slots I was just looking for something that could provide that with out me lugging around a large tower 

Have you seen this list?

https://gaminginmydna.com/pc-cases/portable-cases-handle-micro-matx-mini-itx/

I particularly like the Lian Li option listed

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Have you seen this list?

https://gaminginmydna.com/pc-cases/portable-cases-handle-micro-matx-mini-itx/

I particularly like the Lian Li option listed

The Corsair one is one of the ones I'm looking at I'm hoping I can find something a little smaller/ boxier and I did like the Lian like one but it won't take a full size GPU but I might just be dreaming lol?

12 hours ago, Drbaccon said:

The Corsair one is one of the ones I'm looking at I'm hoping I can find something a little smaller/ boxier and I did like the Lian like one but it won't take a full size GPU but I might just be dreaming lol?

I personally own the 380T. It's fantastic, but expensive because they dont make it anymore and "new" ones on ebay are dumb expensive. 

20180707_195603.thumb.jpg.099a61b3d2e7db5483e30077e203c7f4.jpg

It's mITX though and you definitely cant fit an mATX motherboard in it.

Plus you can put a 200mm RGB fan in the front to impress the people who like flashy things :D 

294563400_Sequence01_1.gif.ffbac00ec030ec176fac4cb6a16cba57.gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25