Best Budget 5.1 Dolby Atmos 4K HDR Bluray System

cluelessgenius

so basically all those buzz word i mentioned.

was hoping for an all in one solution but sadly i can only find combo including 2 of the mentioned feature at most.

there are 5.1 surround systems but not that many include a bluray play and if they do they dont support 4k HDR or Dolby Atmos.

you get my point.

so if you guys know your stuff about audio id love if someone could help me figure out a setup including the following feture sorted by most important first to least important last:

5.1 surround (front speakers wall mountable; no soundbars!)

about 600-700ish € (or equivalent)

dolby atmos 

bluray player for UltraHD (4k) HDR Content

rear surround speakers are wireless

i would have also no problem piecing it together from seperate parts but that usually lands me in the mid-thounsand € range or more.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

So do you want Dolby Atmos, or do you want 5.1? Do you have a receiver already? You're not going to find "wireless rears" without doing something like Sonos (which is a soundbar), or something like Denon's HEOS speakers. They do make transmitters, but often are pretty crappy.

You want to mount front speakers? No floor speakers? 

There's a lot of questions here.

There is no "all in one" solution that is like a home theater in a box. Those are and always have been utter garbage. They are just not worth it. Crappy speakers, crappy player.

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

So do you want Dolby Atmos, or do you want 5.1?

bof ?

Do you have a receiver already?

nope. aint got nothing yet. well the tv of course

You're not going to find "wireless rears" without doing something like Sonos (which is a soundbar), or something like Denon's HEOS speakers. They do make transmitters, but often are pretty crappy.

yeah kinda noticed that but hoped maybe im just not looking the right place ? anyway i thought about the layout in my room and now figure i dont care about the wireless thing as i found a way to hide them.

You want to mount front speakers? No floor speakers? 

preferably yes. i love the look of floor standing speakers but due to space restrictions on the floor im forced to literally go up the walls.

There's a lot of questions here.

and a lot of answers even if maybe of questionable quality :D

There is no "all in one" solution that is like a home theater in a box. Those are and always have been utter garbage. They are just not worth it. Crappy speakers, crappy player.

alright then what? i already came to the same conclusion and figure bluray pllayer goes seperate but i hope i can still get speakers and "receiver" in one go.

the lack of speaker setup bundles (or whatever they are called) with atmos incorporated has now driven me to the sk10y soundbar by lg and those spk8 wireless sourround speakers for them. if i dont go soundbar i need to get the av receiver and speakers seperatly and cost is gonna kill the whole thing i feel. unless you got a suggestion?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

How do you plan on mounting front speakers if you choose to do so? Some do not come with brackets installed (most actually) and are heavy.

You can do this, I wouldn't recommend trying the Atmos route unless you're going to do it proper ($$$$). You could get like 4 Polk T or S series bookshelf speakers for your front/rears, and a CS10 center channel. That should be around 300 Euro or so. Problem is getting the rest of the stuff. You can snag a 4k player for around 100 Euro probably, but now you need a receiver. A receiver that is a 4k passthrough, and not upscaling. Most of the receivers in the 200-300 Euro range are just upscales, not passthrough.

For a 4k Player, The LG UBK80 (I think that's the right model) is good enough for your system if you want to brand match with the LG. It does have "HDR" compatibility as well.

What tv are you running this on by the way?

If I were you, given your budget, and restrictions, and just less hassle. I would go soundbar.

I'm not a particular fan of the LG soundbar, any of them really. Have you listened to it in person? If you are happy with it then it's a good pick. For me it just doesn't hit some certain sounds. Audio is purely personal.

This is a very highly rated soundbar, but I'm not sure availability in Europe, should be fine though.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Surround-Sound-Systems/Nakamichi-Shockwafe-Elite-7-2Ch-DTS/B01N7WSVON/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1540915585&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=nakamichi+soundbar&psc=1

3 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

How do you plan on mounting front speakers if you choose to do so? Some do not come with brackets installed (most actually) and are heavy.

well honestly i saw some universal shelf style mounts or is just figure out some jankie i neccessary or something like a hook on the back with maybe a little padding so they dont directly touch the wall? 

You can do this, I wouldn't recommend trying the Atmos route unless you're going to do it proper ($$$$).

hmmm i think i could life without it if neccessary.

You could get like 4 Polk T or S series bookshelf speakers for your front/rears, and a CS10 center channel. That should be around 300 Euro or so. Problem is getting the rest of the stuff. You can snag a 4k player for around 100 Euro probably, but now you need a receiver. A receiver that is a 4k passthrough, and not upscaling. Most of the receivers in the 200-300 Euro range are just upscales, not passthrough.

well could i not just connect the tv as input to the av and then the bluray directly into the tv?

For a 4k Player, The LG UBK80 (I think that's the right model) is good enough for your system if you want to brand match with the LG. It does have "HDR" compatibility as well.

well honestly at this i dont care about brands but having a quick look at the options the ubk80 sound right since the 90 only offer eARC and wifi and i dont see why the bluray player should need that. enough things the wifi already.

What tv are you running this on by the way?

you mean what tv? sony's XE9005 or X900E or XE90 depending on where one lives. at 55"

If I were you, given your budget, and restrictions, and just less hassle. I would go soundbar.

really dont like the look of them and dont understand the trend towards them but i figure youre right i just have to get get with the program 

I'm not a particular fan of the LG soundbar, any of them really. Have you listened to it in person? If you are happy with it then it's a good pick. For me it just doesn't hit some certain sounds. Audio is purely personal.

have no personal experience with any of them really. just looked the numbers/price and assumed they might be good.

you sure? avaiability is crap here and 800 bucks for a nakamishi seems risky

You can hook the 4k player up directly to the tv. I was asking what tv you had just to see what quality HDR you could get out of it. The 900e is an amazing television. The LG looks like it is on sale. It is by no means a bad bar, but just not for me. Soundbars are getting better and better. Will never replace the sound stage you get from a proper receiver and speakers, but convenience and cost makes them wonderful. I would give the LG a try. You can always return it.

I know that Nakamichi soundbar sounds like off brand, but watch some youtube vidoes on it. I was pretty impressed given the price point.

You could do shelf style mounts for the speakers if you went that route. You have some options here, but those bookshelf speakers are much larger than some smaller soundbar surround speakers. Balance of size/quality/value/hassle.

4 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

You can hook the 4k player up directly to the tv. I was asking what tv you had just to see what quality HDR you could get out of it. The 900e is an amazing television. The LG looks like it is on sale. It is by no means a bad bar, but just not for me. Soundbars are getting better and better. Will never replace the sound stage you get from a proper receiver and speakers, but convenience and cost makes them wonderful. I would give the LG a try. You can always return it.

I know that Nakamichi soundbar sounds like off brand, but watch some youtube vidoes on it. I was pretty impressed given the price point.

You could do shelf style mounts for the speakers if you went that route. You have some options here, but those bookshelf speakers are much larger than some smaller soundbar surround speakers. Balance of size/quality/value/hassle.

What do you think about this https://www.teufelaudio.com/uk/home-cinema/consono-35-mk3-power-edition-5-1-set-p16921.html

With a receiver maybe like this? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZNVFVA?creative=22110&creativeASIN=B01LZNVFVA&linkCode=df0&tag=geizhals07-21

I took uk links for the english 

@TheFlyingTraut

alright so i went for a yamaha rx v381 used for 130 bucks and am now trying to lock in on a set of the teufel consono 35 mk3 which maybe possible for like 180ish or so idk lets see what people are willing to sell for. and then è voila 300 bucks for 5.1 audio then just a blurayplayer ontop and im done. sadly no atmos but srew it.

I am not familiar with that brand teufel or w/e. I can't speak on that. If it sounds good to you, it's a good buy.