SD card files from my phone aren't showing up on PC!

The phone is a Xiaomi A2 Lite running 8.1 Oreo (Android One), I transferred the SD card from my previous phone (Nokia Lumia 630) and so far I haven't noticed that any files are missing, but when I connect the phone to my PC and choose the "Transfer Files" option it does show up on the PC but when I open the SD card (on PC) there are whole folders simply missing. I thought maybe it would only show the "default" folders that were created by the Lumia 630 and so I moved a folder to one of those "default" folders to test this (moved them on the phone not on PC) and nothing changed. Another thing I tried to see if anything would happen is I went into one of those folders that are shown and moved a few files in there to more folders, on PC it said "Mi A2 Lite is busy" and failed to move them so then I moved them directly on the phone, that was successful...on the phone, then I connected the phone again to check if the change will appear on PC and it didn't, on the PC it showed it like it was before I moved the files around on my phone. So basically the PC is stuck on one memory of the SD card (even after disconnecting the phone and reconnecting it to the PC) and there seems to be no way to move files from PC to phone and vice versa. Help? 

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X | CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE | Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 5600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RX7800XT | PSU: Cooler Master V850 V2 Gold | SSD: Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB M.2 NVME  | HDD: WD Blue 1TB x2 | HDD: WD Blue 2TB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl 

Try removing the card and using a reader.
Almost all smartphones, are pretty weird about giving computer access to files on sd as well as internal storage.

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD