Best magnetic tip charging cable?

Precoixious

So I'm looking for a magnetic tip charging cable that has USB Power Delivery (for my Macbook 2016, 29W) and is ~2m. Bonus points if there's a lightning tip (in addition to USB-C) and if it's a durable cable. The issue is, there's so many companies out there all with questionable reliability (many are on Kickstarter or even Indiegogo), build quality, and English. Most of them also don't have exact specs listed. 

With that in mind, I ask the LTT community if yall have suggestions/recommendations. Cheers

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

https://voltacharger.com

my suggestion

I know they sponsored LTT, but is there anything that makes them actually superior to others? Plus, their pages are riddled with grammatical errors, so if they're unwilling to do basic spellchecking or to hire someone to, that leaves a lot of questions.

I have never seen complaints about it, but I don't know any other alternatives. So also not what their advantage is exept that they are big enough to sponsor ltt.

24 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I have never seen complaints about it, but I don't know any other alternatives. So also not what their advantage is exept that they are big enough to sponsor ltt.

A quick Google search will bring you plenty of alternatives. 

6 minutes ago, Precoixious said:

A quick Google search will bring you plenty of alternatives. 

I know, but I don't have anything with those. I use those kind of bulk cables or the ones that come in the box.

you should have just bought a MacBook with magsafe on it really if you wanted magnetic charging.

if you want to add it you have to watch the usb c aftermarket ones because not all of them work with MacBook look for reviews to make sure it works with your model I have heard people going through 2 or 3 of them and it not working or wearing out fast.

2 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

you should have just bought a MacBook with magsafe on it really if you wanted magnetic charging.

if you want to add it you have to watch the usb c aftermarket ones because not all of them work with MacBook look for reviews to make sure it works with your model I have heard people going through 2 or 3 of them and it not working or wearing out fast.

Are you seriously suggesting I get a pre-USB C Macbook Air that uses 5th gen processors, is 1440x900p over 13.3 inches, and is bulkier just for MagSafe? 

Yes I know not all of them have USB power delivery or are of good quality, which is why I made this thread to see if anyone could vouch for a certain product.

4 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

I wonder why there's no DIY magnetic charger cables, they don't seem that difficult to make.

I feel like DIYing a charging cable is questionable/difficult enough by itself...

16 hours ago, Precoixious said:

Are you seriously suggesting I get a pre-USB C Macbook Air that uses 5th gen processors, is 1440x900p over 13.3 inches, and is bulkier just for MagSafe? 

Yes I know not all of them have USB power delivery or are of good quality, which is why I made this thread to see if anyone could vouch for a certain product.

scandalous isn't it that I suggest late 2015 5th gen intel cpu MacBook with  2880x1800 screen, MagSafe and real ports that will handle basically the same as a new one for 90% of the people out.

my 2012 13" has the 1440x900 glossy screen its nicer than most 1080p 60hz panels it has great colors to me it has MagSafe and thunderbolt 2 regular usbs and sd card with Mojave on a 3210m i5 cpu that runs at 30-70c and I can play steam games edit 1080 video and pics on it don't see the point to the new ones to much money for not enough upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, jonrosalia said:

scandalous isn't it that I suggest late 2015 5th gen intel cpu MacBook with  2880x1800 screen, MagSafe and real ports that will handle basically the same as a new one for 90% of the people out.

my 2012 13" has the 1440x900 glossy screen its nicer than most 1080p 60hz panels it has great colors to me it has MagSafe and thunderbolt 2 regular usbs and sd card with Mojave on a 3210m i5 cpu that runs at 30-70c and I can play steam games edit 1080 video and pics on it don't see the point to the new ones to much money for not enough upgrade. 

That's not even a valid comparison; you're comparing a 2kg 15" 1.8 cm Pro to a 900g 12" 1.3cm thin and light. On top of that, how is USB-C not a real port? USB-C has already become the most ubiquitous port on modern consumer electronics. Once again, 3 year old hardware for MagSafe when aftermarket solutions exists?

That's great for you, but much of that is subjective especially to use case. 

3 hours ago, Precoixious said:

That's not even a valid comparison; you're comparing a 2kg 15" 1.8 cm Pro to a 900g 12" 1.3cm thin and light. On top of that, how is USB-C not a real port? USB-C has already become the most ubiquitous port on modern consumer electronics. Once again, 3 year old hardware for MagSafe when aftermarket solutions exists?

That's great for you, but much of that is subjective especially to use case. 

meh whatever I stick with you bought the wrong one if MagSafe was that important but that's because I know how MacBooks stack up and what is just apple hype. personaly Usb-c is the most broken port right now because of thunderbolt 3 and USB-C being the same connector and what uses it allows very to widely so to me its useless for the foreseeable future and I would rather have dedicated ports to do what I need than a thin and light laptop and a bag of cables and docks. I gave you the recommendation of my favorite computer the last great MacBook Pro since there have been no usb-c mag chargers for this wattage that people think are truly safe. 

Just now, Radioactive Snowman said:

Armando Ferreira made a video about these a while back, they're trash

oh really? good to know. I'm that kind of guy that uses bulk cables for daily use

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

oh really? good to know. I'm that kind of guy that uses bulk cables for daily use

I used anker cables for a long time, now it's just apples usb c to lightning cable for fast charging.. the only company that could sell a €45 cable...