New mouse?

metrocsgo

So I need a new mouse and the Logitech G305 Lightspeed wirless Gaming mouse looks quite great and is well reviewed.

I need it for fps gaming and it looks quite great with the lightspeed technologi and the sensor is apparently quite good?

Thoughts? 

wireless and gaming don't go hand to hand
I advise you looking at Steelseries rival series

Just now, voiha said:

Acording to Tek Syndicate it's as fast as wired?

I can't tell about wireless ones, but the good ones are not probably going to be cheap. 

I personally own a 60€ Zowie FK2 and has everything you could ask for, native DPI, etc. 

For my laptop I have 20€ a Logitech G203 and it's close even if it has software DPI's, doesn't lose track but it's made form cheap plastic and clicks are not that consistent, important only if you care about that.

So I suppose 30/40€ wired mices would be a perfect performance for money

I also forgot, claw, fingertip or palm? This would be the only thing can affect your choice.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, metrocsgo said:

Acording to Tek Syndicate it's as fast as wired?

Could be, I am not as informed as them. I generally don't like wireless mouses for gaming, but primarily because I play fast paced games and fast reaction times are a must.
I see it's not a bad mice so if you like it go with it.

The sensor is pretty decent and in my use there is no delay compared to my fk2 and ec2b. The weight is pretty good for a wireless mouse. I would recommend you to look at the shape, size and weight, imo, those factors are the most important as long as it has a decent sensor. 

4 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

I can't tell about wireless ones, but the good ones are not probably going to be cheap. 

I personally own a 60€ Zowie FK2 and has everything you could ask for, native DPI, etc. 

For my laptop I have 20€ a Logitech G203 and it's close even if it has software DPI's, doesn't lose track but it's made form cheap plastic and clicks are not that consistent, important only if you care about that.

So I suppose 30/40€ wired mices would be a perfect performance for money

How long have you had the Fk2 for? Does it show any sign of breaking?

15 minutes ago, voiha said:

I personally use the corsair m65 pro and love it but I've heard amazing things about Logitech mice. My friend is a hardcore gamer and uses a wireless Logitech and doesn't notice and latency issues.

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

2 minutes ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

I personally use the corsair m65 pro and love it but I've heard amazing things about Logitech mice. My friend is a hardcore gamer and uses a wireless Logitech and doesn't notice and latency issues.

One can say he can feel/see the latency other's may say they can't - it's more of a person to person kind of thing

14 minutes ago, metrocsgo said:

How long have you had the Fk2 for? Does it show any sign of breaking?

2 years, the plastic just weared a bit but it's purely an aesthetic thing.

You can also buy the skates only for replacing them

Don't worry about the wireless technology it's as good as wired mice now on Logitech Wireless gaming mice. The G305 is a great budget wireless mouse.

31 minutes ago, voiha said:

One can say he can feel/see the latency other's may say they can't - it's more of a person to person kind of thing

It's also a thing of 'Is it actually any different' and it turns out it's not. Go back to Linus's original video in the logitech labs with the G900 and you can see they compared it to the Wired Deathadder and it had better latency. So no, when it comes to logitechs wireless tech it's not a person to person thing it's a numbers thing.

Do I even need to mention all the CSGO pros who have since moved to using Wireless logitech mice as well. 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

1 minute ago, Rupe said:

Go back to Linus's original video in the logitech labs with the G900 and you can see they compared it to the Wired Deathadder and it had better latency

That should be taken with a grain of salt. Logitech's own testing shows their ireless mice are better than other companies' mice. 

Not saying it's wrong, just that it isn't an absolute source. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

That should be taken with a grain of salt. Logitech's own testing shows their ireless mice are better than other companies' mice. 

Not saying it's wrong, just that it isn't an absolute source. 

True but I think it's very unlikely they set up an unfair test/cheated and there are many other good reasons to believe wireless tech is as good as wired

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Nowadays there a lot of quality mice out there, you should see which one fits your hands the best, brandsi would recommend are: Logitech, steelseries, zowie, finalmouse, razer?

Logitech has really great build quality but bigger mice are heavy imo and smaller ones seem uncomfortable,

Steelseries, mostly uses plastic which isn't that great from quality standpoint however they are very light which is nice,

Zowie, overall good and highly praised in the community,

Finalmouse, the new ultralight is pretty decent,

Razer, a lot of people seems to like them, never had experience with them tho but it should be good,

Wireless mice are usually heavier due to the battery so i wouldn't recommend those for FPS gaming, (razer mamba is the one thats not heavy however the mousepad which you can use it with is pretty small, again wouldn't recommend for FPS)

in conclusion i would find a mice thats under 100gram and fits your hand.

If you get a chance, check out the Corsair Dark Core.  It's wireless and has 1ms response over wireless and wired.  You also have the option of Bluetooth for flexible connectivity as well.  If you have a Qi charge pad, or plan to get one, I would go with the Dark Core SE model so you can charge it wireless.  This is my daily mouse in the office and love it.  Let me know if you have any questions about any other features you are looking for, and I'll help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I impulsively bought an Azio Atom from Frys and it is surprisingly good.  I like the idea of not needing drivers.  Seems more durable that the Steelseries Sensei I had before (Scroll wheel failed on me).

I don't like wireless mice because you have to charge them.

7 hours ago, b emoji said:

The sensor is pretty decent and in my use there is no delay compared to my fk2 and ec2b. The weight is pretty good for a wireless mouse. I would recommend you to look at the shape, size and weight, imo, those factors are the most important as long as it has a decent sensor. 

And foot friction too. That's super important, but it rarely varies.

13 hours ago, voiha said:

The wireless Logitech mice are the exact same response times as the wired at the moment.

But for a good wireless mouse the g403/g703/g pro are all great with super fast response times