Don't install Chrome while half asleep...

FadedCrown

Just on a fresh, new install of Windows 10 on my laptop. I went to download Chrome and clicked on the first link, little did I know it said Ad by it. It lead me to something like chromedownload2018.com. The page looked exactly (to a person half asleep) like the offical one. I just went ahead and downloaded it. Ran it and the install looked like a 3rd party installer, so I went back and checked the download URL. Of course it was a scam website, lol. At least I didn't install it.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

Sweet status update

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, DaPhuc said:

LOL, you install a fake Chrome bruh. This is your fault, not Google fault. 

Ok, I said I didn't install it. *Almost* did. I was not blaming Google at all.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

Just now, FadedCrown said:

Ok, I said I didn't install it. *Almost* did. I was not blaming Google at all.

But the title says the oposite. It should say, " Don't install this fake Chrome while half asleep...." 

Just now, DaPhuc said:

But the title says the oposite. It should say, " Don't install this fake Chrome while half asleep...." 

I just meant it as, don't try to install Chrome when you are half asleep and not paying much attention. Like a clickbait YouTube title.

Install Firefox.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

Install Firefox.

Yeah that is what I use on my main PC, but when I have this laptop just for browsing stuff and nothing else I went with Chrome.

I'd still install a fresh Windows even tho "Chrome" wasn't installed.

If it was a fresh install, why not just wipe again and reinstall? Not much to lose but something to gain.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14