Folding@Home CPU slot issue

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

Or sometimes you get a bad WU as well. Keep an eye on your temps for a bit, maybe you are getting to hot and the system is throttling down. 

the other thing you can always do - uninstall and reinstall the client - this typically fixes most issues.

Hello to all. I've just started folding a couple of days ago and I had no issues but today after finishing a CPU Work Unit, the CPU slot downloaded another Work Unit and it is just not doing anything.

As you may see in the following picture the CPU is working but the Work Unit is stalled at 0.00% and it has been that way for almost an hour now

42vk.png

Please anyone that could help I would appreciate very much

Sorry for the late reply on this. Did this sort itself out, or still having issues?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thank you for the reply

The Cpu slot not folding sorted itself out the next day after reboot (still don't know how)

But now and then it has some issues and freezes for example at 65% and doesn't move forward and when I reboot it goes back to 40%

I've been reading a little bit about the configurations of the Folding@Home Client and trying to figure out if it was some bad configuration

Or sometimes you get a bad WU as well. Keep an eye on your temps for a bit, maybe you are getting to hot and the system is throttling down. 

the other thing you can always do - uninstall and reinstall the client - this typically fixes most issues.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

The temperatures are normal, the CPU is around 65ºC and the GPU is always bellow 55ºC

Yesterday, I got the same problem of the CPU slot not folding but worst was that the PC froze and on reboot the progress went from 70ish% to 0.00%

Once the current WU finishes I'll try uninstall and reinstall F@H

Hopefully it keeps working. :)