Help With Upgrades!

Hi , Recently i have been thinking of upgrading my CPU but my friend had said there is no need and you are better off getting a better GPU as that will increase your FPS more than a New CPU.

Current Specs:

GTX 650Ti Sparkle Edition OC

AMD FX 4100

M5A78L-M/USB3 - AM3+ 

550W PSU

So i have been thinking around for what i should get I have a budget of 320 and im wondering what to get? 

I have been thinking of getting some things but i don't know what would be more beneficial to me as i Game more than general use on a computer. 

At this moment in time im playing :

Counter Strike : Global Offensive 

League Of Legends

DayZ Standalone

JC2 Multiplayer

Upcoming game that i want to play :

Battlefield 4

Grand Theft Auto 5 ( soon i hope )

TitanFall

Monitor Resolution 1080P

So my budget is that and i don't know what to get which is the best for the Price a standalone CPU or a CPU and a GPU , i was thinking of Getting a AMD FX8320 and a AMD R9 280X ? but was wondering if i could get some professional advice on what would be best for my money and best for gaming :)

there are many combinations i could get:

AMD FX 8350

AMD FX6300

AMD FX8320 

but i dont know what will be most beneficial for gaming, for graphics cards im thinking of getting a R9 280X

You want to play the games all maxed out? In that case I have to dissapoint you

Sell FX-4100 . get a 6300 and get a R9 280X

Interested in Business and Technology

I dont want to play all the games maxed out but I know what settings i will be able to play them On e.g High - medium and some games Ultra

If you are on a budget then I'd keep the 4100, its still a good chip and most applications that you use.

I'd invest in a good GPU something like a R9 280X or R9 290. The simple fact is for most new games the 

thing that limits them the most is the GPU.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

If you are on a budget then I'd keep the 4100, its still a good chip and most applications that you use.

I'd invest in a good GPU something like a R9 280X or R9 290. The simple fact is for most new games the 

thing that limits them the most is the GPU.

Ahh Okay i can afford Either a: 

AMD FX 6300 + R9 280X or a AMD FX8320 + R9 280X 

But i dont know The 8320 is 40 pounds more

I have the 8350 I personally really like it, but I only reason I got it was that is was on sale for dirty cheap, if your really on a budget get the 6300 and R9 280x

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I have the 8350 I personally really like it, but I only reason I got it was that is was on sale for dirty cheap, if your really on a budget get the 6300 and R9 280x

i Have enough for the 8320 + R9 280X so i think i will go for that And the 8320 isnt that far under the 8350 so there is hardly any difference :) Thank you everyone for your help