Good Replacement for Ryzen CPU Pin

So, I have a Ryzen 5 1400 that I bent some pins on... I was able to re-bend most of the pins back into place, except for one pin that broke off completely and of course I can't find where it fell. My workbench is in the basement, and I'm guessing that with my luck, it must have surely fell/rolled into the storm drain. I gave up looking for it, but I would really like to still be able to use this CPU.

I've heard that you can use the wire from a SATA cable as a replacement for the pin? I'm not sure how well that would work in my head, but perhaps someone else here could recommend some solution for me? One idea I came up with, is to take a pin from the header on a good ol' IDE hard drive and place it in the socket on the motherboard to match up with the missing pin like what Linus did back in the day here - Good times, Linus.

Any advice is appreciated - I'm open to suggestions!

Also, before anyone asks, I have tried to put it in the motherboard and it would not work.... The motherboard posts with a different AM4 CPU, so everything else is known to be working fine. The missing pin is seemingly an essential pin and not just for a ground or anything else that would be non-essential. 

Would it be possible just to get an old AMD cpu and just cut off some pins and use them like that. I don't know but it seems like it would in lncrese resistance. I think that would be the better then using an ide cable

15 minutes ago, Freevbux.exe said:

Would it be possible just to get an old AMD cpu and just cut off some pins and use them like that. I don't know but it seems like it would in lncrese resistance. I think that would be the better then using an ide cable

Thanks for the suggestion - Not sure why I hadn't thought of that! I'll see if I can find an old AMD CPU that I can mangle pins out of, haha.

49 minutes ago, Freevbux.exe said:

Sooo.... I found a AMD Athlon 64 2650e AM2 CPU on eBay for $5 + Free Shipping. It uses pins, so it should work well as a donor CPU, right?

I am just saying this to see if the size of the pins are similar enough to fit in your motherboard