Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planning my next rig

Goliath_1911
 Share

Hi guys this is my thread for my build plan, any tips, suggestions, thoughts would be much appreciated

1. Budget & Location

My budget is about 1,350 USD, i live in lebanon (middle east) 

My choice of parts are as follows :

-Case: Aerocool P7-C1 Pro, cause it has 3 rgb fans included, 1 rear fan, and a tempered glass side panel 

-Cpu: either thr i5 8500 or i5 9500 depending on the price difference, i was planning for the i5 8600 but price went up from i 235 usd (i think it was that) to 299 usd so depends

-Ram: Team T x2 8gb ddr4 ram @ 2666 mhz

-Motherboard: Msi z370 gaming m5 motherboard

-Msi Frozr L for cpu cooling

-a 256gb m.2 nvme

-Gpu currently i have a msi 1050 ti oc, i plan to upgrade late 2019 to a 1080 ti or a rtx 2070 (depending on the results and reviews of rtx in games if it is worth it) 

-power supply either a aerocool gold or a cooler master gold rated (both at 850 watts) 

2. Aim

For gaming, i play demanding games and want it to be ready for Cyberpunk 2077 and some new games are starting to show the age of my current cpu. I play some online fps , like cs go, and alot of single player games. 

For programming, currently in college, Studying in MiS, it has courses and uses java, c++

3. Monitors

I have a 8 year old benq it is 1080p @60 hz(can't give model right now, away from pc) 

Planning to get this Samsung C24FG73FQM 24″ Curved 1080p 1ms 144Hz (copied it is way it is in bold lol)

I don't see my self requiring more than 1 moniter at the moment

 

4. Peripherals

Already have a great mouse, headset  keyboard well try a mechanical one and decide if i like it or not

5. Why are you upgrading?

My current pc is turning 8 years old soon, i only upgrade when i feel it is time for one, it is a 3rd gen i3 with 8 gb ddr3, some normal intel board, a 256 ocz ssd and and a 1tb 7200 rpm barracuda( both will be moved to new rig). 

It was running most of the games at a 40 fps minimum at 1080p between high and ultra settings, but lately it is starting to drop to the thirties 

Some games can't run well at all ( like assassin's creed origins) 

Fun fact 3rd gen  i3 has hyperthreading while 8th gen doesn't...what is intel thinking??

Feel free to give an opinion 

Also i don't know if i can post the link of the shop i am ordering the ports off(it is a local business in my country and is a good reference for anyone interested in this topic) 

Sry if i reply late, heading into class soon. 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

okay, I get some of your logic with your pc, but you should change some things.

I'm going to make a pcpartpicker link (us version) for you for about the same price as this would be in the us, so I can get something about equivelent in pricing for you. just a moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 this is my assumption on the us market

 

this is what i would suggest you get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

 this is my assumption on the us market

 

this is what i would suggest you get

Sorry i forgot to mention that the gpu upgrade is for a later date(late 2019) gonna stick with my 1050 ti after this upgrade 

Also the prices on my side are higher...wow the difference 

U can see in the image below, some price differences, then add VAT tax it becomes alot more

Edit :ram is in cart but missing from picture, 2 x 8 gb sticks (non rgb) for 154$

Screenshot_20181022-161341_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

then still, the g2 is a tier 1 psu becouse of the guarantee

ryzen is a way better value becouse of the intel shortage that's going on (also the reason why that 8600 went up higher)
and I think there are better coolers for the money, cheaper and more expensive.

with the ram i would get something from gskill, corsair, or any other brand you trust but for ryzen at least 3000 mhz+

and the cooler master masterbox 5 lite/pro rgb both come with 3 rgb fans, and might be cheaper in your country.

believe me, I know dutch pricing, this doesn't even shock me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

then still, the g2 is a tier 1 psu becouse of the guarantee

ryzen is a way better value becouse of the intel shortage that's going on (also the reason why that 8600 went up higher)
and I think there are better coolers for the money, cheaper and more expensive.

with the ram i would get something from gskill, corsair, or any other brand you trust but for ryzen at least 3000 mhz+

and the cooler master masterbox 5 lite/pro rgb both come with 3 rgb fans, and might be cheaper in your country.

believe me, I know dutch pricing, this doesn't even shock me.

I looked into ryzen, but the only model that is not out of stock yet is the 2700x which is about 400 usd here (my country had a very low population of pc gamers, they were mostly PlayStation players, only recently we have a hugr increase in pc gaming because of pubg and fortnite) i think that is what contributed to the rise in prices and shortage 

Bad time for a upgrade i guess 

I will look into it further

Basically i well get the new monitor for now, maybe the power supply and case and will wait 

to see what happens to the cpu and mother board :/

Thnx for ur time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goliath_1911 said:

I looked into ryzen, but the only model that is not out of stock yet is the 2700x which is about 400 usd here (my country had a very low population of pc gamers, they were mostly PlayStation players, only recently we have a hugr increase in pc gaming because of pubg and fortnite) i think that is what contributed to the rise in prices and shortage 

Bad time for a upgrade i guess 

I will look into it further

Basically i well get the new monitor for now, maybe the power supply and case and will wait 

to see what happens to the cpu and mother board :/

Thnx for ur time! 

Can't you get a used i5 or i7? You do have a Ivy Bridge i3, which means that your motherboard can take better processors.

 

This is just a stop gap measure to improve performance though.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, grss1982 said:

Can't you get a used i5 or i7? You do have a Ivy Bridge i3, which means that your motherboard can take better processors.

 

This is just a stop gap measure to improve performance though.

As i said my country had very low population of pc gamers,thus not much pc stores that are all about "Gaming" or buying used parts, the other thing is most who buy a desktop tend to keep it till it completely dies, i have seen machines that are till now still running pentium processors and windows 95 (it's not that we aren't advanced in terms of technology, they just know for example it is a i5 it is good, nothing else, not tech savvy is the term? lol). 

Anyway might look for a used i5 or i7 and keep it for a while , but i still prefer changing the board and going to a newer gen cause my ssd transfer speed is bottlenecked by my board, I don't even have the sweet usb 3, and if i plug thro ethernet cable my ping goes to 500, thus i use WiFi... The list goes on, this good ol'friend needs to retire lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×