Revert GPU Bios back, where do I start?

ImInHugeTrouble

So I bought a used Gigabyte Gaming OC 4G from a person who sold his mining rigs. I installed it on my pc  and it gave me error 43 in device manager. I contacted the guy who sold me the card and he told me that the card bios was flashed for mining so It couldnt be used for normal use. He couldnt do it for me right now because he already left to Japan.

I have never been in mining business so I don't even know where to start. There are tutorials for flashing gpu bios out there but I couldnt find one that explains how to revert back.

You basically need to force flash a different BIOS using the appropriate tool (atiflash for AMD, nvflash for Nvidia) and compatible BIOS. You can download video BIOS roms from techpowerup.

Which card is it? As a Gigabyte Gaming 4G could be a huge number of GPUs.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You basically need to force flash a different BIOS using the appropriate tool (atiflash for AMD, nvflash for Nvidia) and compatible BIOS. You can download video BIOS roms from techpowerup.

These 2

I can just do it right away with the software you mentioned on Windows 10 right? no need to mess with safe mode and stuff like that?

20181022_161717.jpg

20181022_161713.jpg

14 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

So I bought a used Gigabyte Gaming OC 4G from a person who sold his mining rigs. I installed it on my pc  and it gave me error 43 in device manager. I contacted the guy who sold me the card and he told me that the card bios was flashed for mining so It couldnt be used for normal use. He couldnt do it for me right now because he already left to Japan.

I have never been in mining business so I don't even know where to start. There are tutorials for flashing gpu bios out there but I couldnt find one that explains how to revert back.

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You can download the BIOS and flash tool from the manufacturer page, it's best to download it from there. Most likely it will come with a flash tool, just open that and follow instructions.

6 minutes ago, ImInHugeTrouble said:

These 2

I can just do it right away with the software you mentioned on Windows 10 right? no need to mess with safe mode and stuff like that?

There appears to be a problem with ATIFlash on Windows 10 1803, but that might be resolved already. Don't quote me on that, though.

The tool:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

The ROM:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192228/gigabyte-rx560-4096-170505

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro