Spectre build: Oil Slick

frankengun

So I've been hoarding parts since January when I preordered the Singularity Cases Spectre case. Got it a week ago or so and immediately threw everything into it over the course of four days, so apologies for no lead time.

Parts:

8700k w/ EK Spupremacy Nickel block

NZXT N7 Z370 (I know already, please stop chastising me about the stupid mobo)

Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti w/EK Vector RGB block

EVGA 1000W Supernova P2 PSU w/ custom cables by MainFrame Customs

2x WD Black m.2 500GB SSD

3x Mushkin Reactor 1TB 2.5" SSD

Singularity Computers Spectre case in black, Protium pump/res combo

Mayhems X1 Black coolant

Bitspower plated brass tubing, 16mm

Assload of fittings by Monsoon, Touchaqua, Barrow, and Bitspower

6x In Win Polaris Aluminum RGB 120mm fans installed on 2x EK 360mm thin rads

The pile of parts, waiting only on the case and GPU to come in.

hNlPmBe.jpg

Welp there's one of em.

rxE88eM.jpg

The block and backplate had been sitting in my office for over a week waiting for the stupid thing.

jtRAi8w.jpg

And then the Spectre came in. I did a livestream of the unboxing in a Facebook PC building group so I don't have pics of the packaging, but it was well packed and annoying. Here's a pic of the custom engraving they did with a design I sent them. 

isdqcYw.jpg

And so I started building.

Ha4kZ08.jpg

Time to pressure test these looopty loops

R8TO0Pr.jpg

I used this doohicky. Worked pretty well for a decay test after I disassembled it and fixed all the leaks in the device itself.

daSv5Xk.jpg

The end result was this. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I spent my PC building budget for the next three years though, so no more new PCs for me for awhile.

JudpI1R.jpg

lU1gKE5.jpg

F0I8OBd.jpg

6VYMR9f.jpg

D4Bg9pD.jpg

mstE6aF.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The manifold screws starting coming loose at the bottom, which let fluid leak between the layers of acrylic. So a complete disassembly, cleaning and reassembly was in order. I went ahead and did a lot of maintenance to it, upgraded to an MSI Z370 Godlike mobo, changed the tube routes again, and ditched the RAM block for some Dominator Platinums. Also decided to ditch the black coolant and go with Koolance UV green, which reacts quite well with purple backlighting on the manifold. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My daughter takes over the battlestation regularly.

spacer.png

Cat Tax

spacer.png

IMG_20200514_122847.jpg

IMG_20200514_122857.jpg

IMG_20200514_122904.jpg

IMG_20200514_122930.jpg

Looks good! 

I really like the tube routes you changed in the second iteration...i wasnt a fan of the first iteration, it looked too messy to me.

Have you thought of building a custom harness? Since this case has a higher visibility on the power cables, there is a higher focus on bundles that would normally be hidden behind the mobo tray. 

Also, have you thought of maybe a cover over the rear of the case (rear I/O)? I think it would sharpen the look a lot with that small detail.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, kkpatel87 said:

Looks good! 

I really like the tube routes you changed in the second iteration...i wasnt a fan of the first iteration, it looked too messy to me.

Have you thought of building a custom harness? Since this case has a higher visibility on the power cables, there is a higher focus on bundles that would normally be hidden behind the mobo tray. 

Also, have you thought of maybe a cover over the rear of the case (rear I/O)? I think it would sharpen the look a lot with that small detail.

Thank you, I'm a fan of the simpler layout myself. What do you mean by custom harness?

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded to a 9900k I've had laying around for a couple weeks and redid a few tube runs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I like about having neutral colored cables is I can dick around with the RGB and it mostly looks all good.

IMG_20200626_113129.jpg