Intel Optane; would this reduce lagging?

So my Gigabyte B360 motherboard supports something called "Intel Optane."  I've read up on Intel Optane, and it comes in 32GB which is surprising for storage in a computer.  I later read on here that it somehow reduces the time in the system finding something in the storage.  

Anyways, I noticed that Assetto Corsa was lagging a bit for me, and I have an i5-8400.  Would having an Intel Optane 16GB or 32Gb reduce this lag?

My CPU collection list (link)

Gaming PC:  i5-8400, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 16GB DDR4, 750W Corsair PSU

Server #1: 2x Xeon E5430s

My rarest CPU: 1x Intel Jaketown Everest @4.4GHz

no. optane is for cacheing storage.

what is your gpu

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

You need to read more about optane. Is store the files you use most often, so when you use the files, they are loaded off the optane. It can speed up boot time and app loading. No point installing it if you are using a ssd

No, optane cache is crap, if you want better storage speeds then buy a normal SSD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

no. optane is for cacheing storage.

what is your gpu

AMD Radeon XFX R9 380, why?

2 hours ago, MojangYang said:

You need to read more about optane. Is store the files you use most often, so when you use the files, they are loaded off the optane. It can speed up boot time and app loading. No point installing it if you are using a ssd

I have a WD Blue HDD 1TB

6 minutes ago, lazyfortress said:

I have a WD Blue HDD 1TB

Get a cheap 240gb ssd instead.

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

Get a cheap 240gb ssd instead.

Why would I want to do that?  I have over 500GB worth of files.  I'd prefer a 1TB SSD, but I don't feel like upgrading just yet.

47 minutes ago, lazyfortress said:

Why would I want to do that?  I have over 500GB worth of files.  I'd prefer a 1TB SSD, but I don't feel like upgrading just yet.

You need a better gpu to reduce gameplay lag and improve FPS. Get a gtx 1060

yeah better gpu. Like pretty much everyone already said, optane tracks what programs and file you use/access the most and it stores them and loads off of optane faster than a hhd. Buy a new graphics card if you want to fix the issue. Only thing optane will do for you is speed up the load times of your game

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

14 hours ago, mxk. said:

yeah better gpu. Like pretty much everyone already said, optane tracks what programs and file you use/access the most and it stores them and loads off of optane faster than a hhd. Buy a new graphics card if you want to fix the issue. Only thing optane will do for you is speed up the load times of your game

A GTX1060?  Never used Nvidia before lol.  Any advantages over having a GTX1060 or 1080 than a RX480 or RX580?

Any good companies that make the GTX1060, like Zotac or MSi?  I dunno whether to get a GTX1060 or 1080.  

12 minutes ago, lazyfortress said:

A GTX1060?  Never used Nvidia before lol.  Any advantages over having a GTX1060 or 1080 than a RX480 or RX580?

Any good companies that make the GTX1060, like Zotac or MSi?  I dunno whether to get a GTX1060 or 1080.  

I guess i recommended the 1060 because I saw it in this thread, but an rx 580 is equivalent in power to a 1060 and they're both about the same price. So if you like amd go for a rx 580. Just make sure its the 8gb version of the rx 580. Also, I don't think it matters much for the brand, just whatever card is the best quality over the others (so read lots of reviews!).

As for the 1060, same thing (imo), just make sure it has 6gb because thats the most all the 1060s have. Not sure what brand does it the best but I personally like EVGA, they have sales every Wednesday on their site so if you can find a 1060 on sale on their site with good reviews go for that. Otherwise, I don't think brands matter just make sure it has good reviews overall compared to the bad reviews.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu