SSD won't boot anymore

2bacco

Hi

I was cleaning the back of my rig and replugged all cables to my drives. 1 SSD and 2 HDDs.

When I tried to boot up again it told me to "reboot and select proper boot device".

Now in BIOS I can only see one of my HDDs and not the SSD and the other HDD.

What can I try to fix this?

Have you tried switching the port the sata data cable is plugged into on your motherboard you might have plugged it into a bad port, or try changing out the sata cable out all together. If those don't work try putting the sdd into another computer to see if the problem is isolated to your computer.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Try replugging the cables again. Probably a bad connection.

I've tried this countless of times already. No matter where my SSD and the HDD is connected, they won't show up in BIOS :/

I also had some problems where it wouldn't even power on. I pressed the power button, there was a click and a flash but it didn't power on. Could it be that my PSU is dying? I've also tried to boot with only the SSD connected, but no luck.

1 minute ago, 2bacco said:

I've tried this countless of times already. No matter where my SSD and the HDD is connected, they won't show up in BIOS :/

I also had some problems where it wouldn't even power on. I pressed the power button, there was a click and a flash but it didn't power on. Could it be that my PSU is dying? I've also tried to boot with only the SSD connected, but no luck.

Wait so the HDD won't show up either?

Just now, barondeau said:

Wait so the HDD won't show up either?

I have 2 HDDs but only one shows up in BIOS. 

1 HDD shows up no matter what, and the other 2 won't show up at all even if I boot up with them connected alone.

4 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Do you have another computer you can plug them into?

I have at work, so I can probably try that tomorrow. 

Try enabling hot plug and plug in the sata cables while windows is running

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Try enabling hot plug and plug in the sata cables while windows is running

I am guessing he has already tried to boot up with the cables plugged into a lot of variations, it probably won't be the solution, but I have had something like this be fixed by doing that

5 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Try switching the cables from the working HDD to the other two drives

Holy fuck, my SATA power cable started burning and smoking when I tried this just now. I think it's safe to say my PSU is pretty much dead then? 

Just now, 2bacco said:

Holy fuck, my SATA power cable started burning and smoking when I tried this just now. I think it's safe to say my PSU is pretty much dead then? 

It would be safe to say that it is ded, do not try to fix the PSU, it can shock and kill you.

Just now, barondeau said:

It would be safe to say that it is ded, do not try to fix the PSU, it can shock and kill you.

Yeah I won't. I'm already scared of electricity soooo...

Well, thank god it happened when I was here and not AFK! 

PSU, and CRT moniters are the only thing that I won't mess with when it comes to computers, mainly due to the electricity!